Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Waite
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
Is there a strategy in solo play to purchase a war card? If the AI can't loose books why do it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So you don't have to worry about losing a war
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarek Szczepanik
Norway
Oslo
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The AI usually has greater military, at least early in the game. So, you can buy wars in order to defend yourself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Waite
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
So if I purchase the war, the card is just taken off the board and not resolved at end of turn? So I'm denying the shadow player the option of war.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jimwaite wrote:
So if I purchase the war, the card is just taken off the board and not resolved at end of turn? So I'm denying the shadow player the option of war.

No...

the war will still be resolved at the end of the turn, so you can't end the turn with less Military than when you started the war because if you do you'll lose and be penalized!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Durst
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I call this the peace tax. The lower military person (in multi player as well as solo) buys the war to set it at their level. Assuming they do not drop in military by the end of the round, then you have saved yourself the point and possible resource loss from somebody else buying the war. In solo I do tend to buy the wars first since the AI buys alot of cards so a war is going to happen and I would rather not lose the points if I am low man on the totem pole.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Pereira
Portugal
Porto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Muse23PT wrote:
So you don't have to worry about losing a war

That's bullying
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Quelin
France
Villeurbanne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Svartisen wrote:
The AI usually has greater military, at least early in the game. So, you can buy wars in order to defend yourself.

Also, some cards are triggered when buying a war (eg: Chichen Itza, +1VP when buying a war).
Jérôme

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.