Subject: Getting ready for our first playthough rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Inglehart
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Last day. Capricorn 15's. Year of the city - 2274. Carousel begins...
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got this game the other day and today we get it to the table. My son and I are going to try a 2 player game in a bit.

I apoligize for the lack of picture quality - not really a camera guy, but I wanted to share a few photos.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Wrot!
United States
Alhanbra
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, awesome. Great to see it on your table. Thanks so much for sharing these pictures with us. That's awesome.
A tip for the towers I'm sure you've figured out by now, but just in case: Give them towers a nice fold on those 3 center creases to close those gaps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Inglehart
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yea, I got better at it in the subsequent towers. What I really want to do is find some plastic models that will work. I just don't see getting years out of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Inglehart
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Our first 2-player, 5-wave game took 3 hours and 7 minutes to complete and we won. I think that the reason that we won is that I had very, very good luck when rolling the monster appearance die. I very rarely got a number above 6. I think in the entire game, I only rolled one level 5 monster and only 2 or 3 level 4 ones.

I can see an extremely difficult game if I was not so lucky.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Wrot!
United States
Alhanbra
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
bodam2005 wrote:
Yea, I got better at it in the subsequent towers. What I really want to do is find some plastic models that will work. I just don't see getting years out of them.

Indeed. We did the best possible with them. We tested 3 different thicknesses. Any thicker and they tend to tear on assembly at the seams because the paper is TOO thick.

I recommend Packing Tape to reinforce the tabs if necessary.

John

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Wrot!
United States
Alhanbra
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
bodam2005 wrote:
Our first 2-player, 5-wave game took 3 hours and 7 minutes to complete and we won. I think that the reason that we won is that I had very, very good luck when rolling the monster appearance die. I very rarely got a number above 6. I think in the entire game, I only rolled one level 5 monster and only 2 or 3 level 4 ones.

I can see an extremely difficult game if I was not so lucky.

Spot on time!
Indeed with the luck. Wow! That's exciting for a first run. ; )
Now you gotta balance it with the impossible "only roll over 6" version.

John

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.