Brian Murphy

Ohio
msg tools
At Origins 2014, Mayfair had a contest where if you played a certain number of their demos you would get 50% off any game they were selling. Except for 2 or 3 games which more expensive.

I'm trying to remember these expensive games especially a game that had a VERY thick box (like Caverna but thicker) which I think was being sold for $120 to $200. For some reason I remember it as an 18xx game but I'm not sure that can be the case because Mayfair's 18xx games don't seem to have that big of boxes. And I know it wasn't 1830 since that was available for the discount.

There might be a chance that this game isn't even published by Mayfair and was just being sold at their booth for some reason.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Auger
England
Manningtree
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would guess it might have been 18OE: On the Rails of the Orient Express although I wasn't there so really it's no more than a guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Milbrath
United States
Blaine
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Better to reign in Hell than to serve in Heaven.
badge
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things. - Isaiah 45:7
mbmbmbmbmb
1844: Switzerland? Although as far as I know, that hasn't been officially released yet. Could also be 18OE, but that was released by DICE games, not Mayfair.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
They certainly had 18OE at their booth, so that would be my guess as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Murphy

Ohio
msg tools
18OE must be it. The timeline, price, and weight of the box all line up. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.