Hide
7 Posts

Mage Knight Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Crystals mana, and Map setup rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh Buchanan
msg tools
1. Crystals stay in your inventory until used? They are not discarded end of turn or end of round?

2. You can only use one die from the source per turn (barring skills/cards) but you can use as many crystals/tokens as you have available?

3. When setting up solo conquest it says to use 7 countryside tiles. These are randomly chosen? Not 1-7 shuffled but a randomized 7 countryside tiles?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnesi
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NinjaGigolo wrote:
1. Crystals stay in your inventory until used? They are not discarded end of turn or end of round?
Correct. You can't have more than 3 crystals of one color, and no black or gold crystals exist.

Quote:
2. You can only use one die from the source per turn (barring skills/cards) but you can use as many crystals/tokens as you have available?
Correct.
Quote:
3. When setting up solo conquest it says to use 7 countryside tiles. These are randomly chosen? Not 1-7 shuffled but a randomized 7 countryside tiles?
Correct. That's also true for any other scenario.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Buchanan
msg tools
syzygia wrote:
NinjaGigolo wrote:
Correct. You can't have more than 3 crystals of one color, and no black or gold crystals exist.

Quote:
Correct.
Quote:
Correct. That's also true for any other scenario.

Regarding number 3: I ask because on Ricky Royals play through of conquest he says he picked 1-7. I thought this was an oversight and wanted to verify.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnesi
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know about Ricky's video. If that's the case, you may want to send him a geekmail so he changes it. But I can quote the rules:
Game Setup for the Full Game, page 3: wrote:
Tile deck. The Scenario description says how many tiles of each type you should use to form this deck.
– For Countryside tiles (green back), pick them randomly

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lisa Miller
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
syzygia wrote:
I don't know about Ricky's video. If that's the case, you may want to send him a geekmail so he changes it. But I can quote the rules:
Game Setup for the Full Game, page 3: wrote:
Tile deck. The Scenario description says how many tiles of each type you should use to form this deck.
– For Countryside tiles (green back), pick them randomly

I think they're supposed to be 1-7 for the walkthrough, so the sites are revealed in a certain order. Full random after that, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnesi
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeap, as I understand it, "Full Game" means any scenario but the walkthrough, which has a different setup (you don't reveal the AA and spell offer; only some AA are used; unit offer must contain a village unit...).

In the walkthrough scenario description, these differences are stated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Buchanan
msg tools
Thanks guys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.