Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
"Where are you from?" "Long story. The Pacific Ocean, I guess."
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My group enjoys playing board games each week in Manuel's Tavern, but are tired of the sticky tables and floors as well as the poor lighting, even though we like the atmosphere and the location (we have several members in Old Fourth Ward, others are closer to North Druid Hills and we have several far away OTP).

We are looking for a new locale (cafe/restaurant) that has decent food, good lighting, clean (not sticky) and large tables, welcomes gamers, and isn't too quiet (library) or too noisy (bars). We play on Sunday's so the ideal location would be open on Sunday afternoon as well. Does anyone have suggestions? I know there's a local gaming group that occasionally meets at the Moe's Southwestern on Briarcliff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe try here. https://boardgamegeek.com/forum/75/boardgamegeek/southeast

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
"Where are you from?" "Long story. The Pacific Ocean, I guess."
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I could be wrong, but it seems like the threads there are mostly looking for groups or fellow players; we are mostly just looking for a new place to eat and game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anna E.
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We've liked The Thinking Man Tavern in Decatur and Battle and Brew in Sandy Springs. We tend to go earlier in the evening before there's a crowd, so I can't vouch for the later hours...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J M
United States
Scottdale
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm ITP in the East (Avondale/Decatur) and I go to the Tavern at Medlock (Peachtree Corners/Norcross) on Saturdays, which is the most reliable venue and group I've found yet. The group essentially gets full use of the Gallas Pizza attached to the tavern from 2pm-1am. It's a small trek OTP but I have had no luck ITP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MARCUS GABRIEL
United States
Grosse Pointe Woods
Michigan
flag msg tools
"Five cents, please," his front door said when he tried to open it. The toll door had an innate stubborness to it... UBIK
mbmbmbmbmb
Try Cool Hands Coffee Shop in Marietta. My friends in Atlanta game there. It is nearby Dr. No's Comics; I guess the work together. Cool Hands has melamine tables for writing on (for RPGs or scoring).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mythdracon wrote:
My group enjoys playing board games each week in Manuel's Tavern, but are tired of the sticky tables and floors as well as the poor lighting, even though we like the atmosphere and the location (we have several members in Old Fourth Ward, others are closer to North Druid Hills and we have several far away OTP).

We are looking for a new locale (cafe/restaurant) that has decent food, good lighting, clean (not sticky) and large tables, welcomes gamers, and isn't too quiet (library) or too noisy (bars). We play on Sunday's so the ideal location would be open on Sunday afternoon as well. Does anyone have suggestions? I know there's a local gaming group that occasionally meets at the Moe's Southwestern on Briarcliff.

For one of my Meetup groups, they rented/signed out (some of the nicer libraries require payment) conference-like rooms for gaming. Made it into a potluck (although is you want a meal, you may want to grab a sandwich, lest you feast on nothing but snacks). Competition could get fierce to reserve those rooms though. And since it was enclosed from the rest of the library, we weren't under the rule of "no talking nor noise whatsoever". They would switch libraries to attract as many attendees as possible, and we've gotten 20 to 50 gamers attend throughout.

Note that eateries may have strict rules on how long you can stay, and if you can stay for the longer term (4+ hours), then they'll usually be "off times", like 11pm on a Sat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.