Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the Deluxe version, you take plants 3-15, shuffle them and randomly choose the starting 8 in the markets from them.

I'm a big fan of variable setups in games, so I wonder if anyone has tried this yet, or can think of any reason why it wouldn't be a good idea with the card distribution in the old version?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Bampi
Italy
Padova
flag msg tools
badge
"Go suck yer blade!"
mbmbmbmbmb
May be an interesting idea. Easily adaptable even with the expansion maps

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, these are the possible plants in the deluxe version:

# Fuel Res Cities
3 Coal 2 1
4 Coal 2 1
5 Gas 2 1
6 Oil 1 1
7 Coal 1 1
8 Oil/Gas 3 2
9 Coal 3 2
10 Oil 2 2
11 Environ 1
12 Coal 2 2
13 Uranium 1 2
14 Gas 1 2
15 Coal 1 2

Mostly it's just some plants have been moved around, although the old #15 powers 3 cities. That's the biggest difference I see.

I'm definitely going to try this next time I play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Drazen
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Might want to keep it to the 03-14 for the original deck and leave out the 15. It's possible for it to drop to the sixth player, if only the top card is a small plant (the extra one set aside during setup).

It shouldn't matter much for 5P and under, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just tried this with the 2 player Trust rules on the original US board, I thought it worked fine. We did use 3-14 just for consistency. I like the variation in the setup, we had 4-7 as the original 4 plants in play.

I also thought the Trust rules worked very well, definitely the best way to play 2 player. Much better than the robot, much less fiddly. The board play became much more important, way more restrictive. The market was improved as well, on the final turn there was a chance that I could not get the win by there not being enough coal to buy. That simply never happened before.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.