Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Hall
United States
Lake Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Marvel Heroes Questions:
1) What advantage does the heroes favored trouble shooting rating in the middle of their playing card represent (Thor- Mystic)?

2) What happens if trouble is not reduced to zero and no villain cards are played by anyone is the headline actually resolved, or does play continue next action round with a new trouble rating? If there is a new trouble rating the next action round is it in addition to the trouble left in the district?

3) Does a story card have to belong to your team to receive one vp and/or one resource card and is there any penalty for trading in story cards for a power up?

4) I don't understand the rules regarding the master plan being attempted in order, starting with "Prologue," continuing with "Development," and ending with "Conclusion." How does is this suppose to work with (a) mastermind headline(s)?

5) What is the difference between using a supporting hero on the card vs. having the supporting hero in the district?

6) Once a readied hero in the district has been defeated what happens to the supporting hero and to the villains?

7) Are plot points supposed to be used for things other than assigning hero status and ally cards?

8)Is the first villain played always the lead villain?

Thanks in advance to all

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bialecki
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow,
Rob, you really should go back and read the rule book. Most of your questions are answered pretty directly there.

[q="BlingBling"]Marvel Heroes Questions:
1) What advantage does the heroes favored trouble shooting rating in the middle of their playing card represent (Thor- Mystic)?

Page 10 lower left hand corner white box with red letters:"Boost Icons and Skills"
"When troubleshooting, if one of your ready super heroes in the relevant district or one of your supporting super heroes in the relavant area possesses a skill displayed on the headline card you are troubleshooting, then dice boosting does not apply to the "Determine trouble level roll.

2) What happens if trouble is not reduced to zero and no villain cards are played by anyone is the headline actually resolved, or does play continue next action round with a new trouble rating? If there is a new trouble rating the next action round is it in addition to the trouble left in the district?

Pg 10 second column last sentence: "If all the villain players choose not to play a villain card, go directly to the headline resolution step.

Headline resolution step (p 11 second column ):
"If your super hero defeats the villain (or if no lead villain was played), you score the headline."
A little bit farther down:
"Finally, reset the Trouble level track to zero"

3) Does a story card have to belong to your team to receive one vp and/or one resource card and is there any penalty for trading in story cards for a power up?

Page 9: The story action:
"Whenever you take a story action, you draw one resource card"
"Give the [story] card that is "pushed off" the track to the player whose Team Icon is shown on the card. In this way, it is possible that a player taking a Story action benefits another Team. If the related Team is not in play, the Story card is simply discarded"

Pg9 first column:
"The victory point value of the discarded story card is not deducted from your score"

There you have it. The answers to your first three questions, quite objective and straight out of the rule book. Your homework, now, is to read the rule book a few more times and try to answer your own last five questions.

Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bialecki
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
....and now I'll do MY homework and learn how to use the darn "quote" function.

Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Becerra Aller
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BlingBling wrote:
Marvel Heroes Questions:

They prevent the threat roll to be boosted, thus avoiding somewhat very high trouble levels.
Note that a supporting hero's skill can also be used on that.

BlingBling wrote:

The headline is solved and the team get the VP.
When the Vulture saw that both Iron Man and the Hulk had come to see about the bank robbery, he gasped. Sawing at the two avengers, then at his bag full of money, he decides it was not worth it. Leaving the money behind, he put away his flying harness. And it was an old bald man, Adrian Toons, that came out of the bank, again without a penny...

BlingBling wrote:

The story cards pushed out of the track always go for its Team owner, no matter who made the Story action. (Exception: the "advance Story track" step between turns do discard the card).
Each card you have is worth 1VP
For 3 cards you can have a Power-up. No penalty. Note that you must trade it in the planning phase.

BlingBling wrote:
4) I don't understand the rules regarding the master plan being attempted in order, starting with "Prologue," continuing with "Development," and ending with "Conclusion." How does is this suppose to work with (a) mastermind headline(s)?

I'm not sure I understand your question...
The Supervillain can attempt a Masterplan once each turn, only on those headlines with a MasterMind Icon, or in any one if he has the archnemesis token.
The first time the MMind achives his plan, he gets the "prologue" card.
The second time, the "Development"
The third and last, the "Conclusion".

In a word: Masterminds cannot choose which Masterplan do they get. There's a set order.

BlingBling wrote:
5) What is the difference between using a supporting hero on the card vs. having the supporting hero in the district?

The hero on the Area (they're never on a single district):
- can support combat of ready heroes on the area
- can Use his troubleshooting skill (not rating!) to prevent boosted threat rolls.
- can apply his Troubleshooting Support ability (if any) to any action taken in the area
- can use his Combat support ability (if any) in any combat his/her team is involved in the area.
- can use his Action support ability (if any)

The hero on the card:
- can use his Action support ability (if any)
- can move along with any ready hero that has moved in this action round. This movement is for free.

BlingBling wrote:
6) Once a readied hero in the district has been defeated what happens to the supporting hero and to the villains?

The supporting hero stays in the area
If the villain has a Most Wanted Icon, move him to a free Most Wanted spot. If not, just discard him.
Discard the headline. The bad guys had won this time.

BlingBling wrote:
7) Are plot points supposed to be used for things other than assigning hero status and ally cards?

No, but I doubt you'll ever get so many as to be able to spend them elsewhere.

BlingBling wrote:

Yes. And remmeber that "playing Lead Villain" has an strict order of play. You can help (dunno why, but you can) a team by playing a weak villain before anybody else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Goodwin
United States
Grayslake
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Caedes wrote:

BlingBling wrote:

Yes. And remmeber that "playing Lead Villain" has an strict order of play. You can help (dunno why, but you can) a team by playing a weak villain before anybody else.

You can always table talk, though. "Don't play a lead villian. I have a real doozy I can lay down if you let me."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Hall
United States
Lake Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You guys are so cool! Thanks! I really appreciate it!

PS~ Yes I am constantly re-consult the rules book. Actually I keep finding answers to questions in side bars and in places I have already read. Howdy Mike- Home work yuck! wow With the first question I wasn't really sure how that example from the rule book (which I did read) applied to anything above danger, crime, and mystery. which like Thor is very good at solving Mystic problems. It sounds like if Thor is ready or supporting in a district with a Mystic headline then one ignores the boost roll of the dice. The second two items were exactly how we were playing but not very confidently.

Thanks again

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex

Québec
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
When the Vulture saw that both Iron Man and the Hulk had come to see about the bank robbery, he gasped. Sawing at the two avengers, then at his bag full of money, he decides it was not worth it. Leaving the money behind, he put away his flying harness. And it was an old bald man, Adrian Toons, that came out of the bank, again without a penny...

laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rainer Hecker
Germany
Paderborn
flag msg tools
Ceades wrote:
BlingBling wrote:

I'm not sure I understand your question...
The Supervillain can attempt a Masterplan once each turn, only on those headlines with a MasterMind Icon, or in any one if he has the archnemesis token.
The first time the MMind achives his plan, he gets the "prologue" card.
The second time, the "Development"
The third and last, the "Conclusion".

In a word: Masterminds cannot choose which Masterplan do they get. There's a set order.

This is not quite correct! The Supervillain can attempt 2 steps of his masterplan in the same turn if he is victorious in achieving step one. Only if he fails to to do so, he can do a second attempt for this step in the next game round!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.