Recommend
4 
 Thumb up
 Hide
23 Posts

Mage Knight Board Game: Shades of Tezla Expansion» Forums » General

Subject: Damaged rulebook? Get a replacement. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I noticed this and figured I'd try to head it off with a thread right now:

Notice: It has come to our attention that a higher than normal number of the rulebooks in the Mage Knight: Shades of Tezla expansion may be creased or damaged due to the packaging process. We are sorry for this inconvenience and will be ordering additional replacements for this part and will send them out to those that request them when they are available in the coming months. You may request a replacement rulebook for Mage Knight: Shades of Tezla through our replacement system at http://wizkidsreplacementsystem.com. The downloadable PDF rulebook can be found here on the Mage Knight: Shades of Tezla product page above. [Currently at http://wizkids.com/rules/MK3_Rulebook%20Final%20Resized%204....]

So that's something to look forward to.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Noble
United States
El Dorado Hills
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
tumorous wrote:
I noticed this and figured I'd try to head it off with a thread right now:

Notice: It has come to our attention that a higher than normal number of the rulebooks in the Mage Knight: Shades of Tezla expansion may be creased or damaged due to the packaging process. We are sorry for this inconvenience and will be ordering additional replacements for this part and will send them out to those that request them when they are available in the coming months. You may request a replacement rulebook for Mage Knight: Shades of Tezla through our replacement system at http://wizkidsreplacementsystem.com. The downloadable PDF rulebook can be found here on the Mage Knight: Shades of Tezla product page above. [Currently at http://wizkids.com/rules/MK3_Rulebook%20Final%20Resized%204....]

So that's something to look forward to.


Gotta love WizKids.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
What's the normal number of creased and damaged rulebooks?
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Speare
United States
Bedford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
tee hee, that tickles!!!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
What's the normal number of creased and damaged rulebooks?


1. Count how many rulebooks are creased and damaged in the new expansion.
2. Lower than this.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hero Guy
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like it when companies are proactive like this. This is in advance of the release though right? So I wonder how WK discovered this issue.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevin Beattie
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hero_guy wrote:
I really like it when companies are proactive like this. This is in advance of the release though right? So I wonder how WK discovered this issue.


I expect they pull a random sample from each batch in the production line for quality inspection, and possibly take out a few boxes for demos at Gen Con and Essen.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hero Guy
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Trevin wrote:
Hero_guy wrote:
I really like it when companies are proactive like this. This is in advance of the release though right? So I wonder how WK discovered this issue.


I expect they pull a random sample from each batch in the production line for quality inspection, and possibly take out a few boxes for demos at Gen Con and Essen.


Sounds reasonable. But that also makes me nervous for when I get my copy. The random sample should be a relatively small number of the total production right? I'd have to guess that at least 50% of the sample was messed up. Of course, it could very well just have been a really big coincidence that the samples just happened to contain most of the damaged rulebooks in the run. I'm hoping that is the case, but I'm also feeling reassured that if its not the case, everything will be fine also because we can always ask for a replacement.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If WizKids QA is doing their jobs properly (hahaha), the sample should give them a look at components across the run. Manufacturing errors like this won't be randomly distributed throughout the run. They are more likely to continue until intervention. And it sounds like there was no intervention until production was finished.

Considering that WizKids not only acknowledged the problem but actually put this statement on their website ahead of time, I'm guessing it's closer to 100%.

My Krang rules insert was a bit crumpled and creased, incidentally. I don't know how common that was for Krang, but I guess it around "the normal amount." I didn't bother dealing with WK to get a replacement.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Decatur
Georgia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
As I read the paragraphs and paragraphs of anxious verbiage above, I'd just like to verify that the subject is... creased expansion rulebooks?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Wretched Git wrote:
As I read the paragraphs and paragraphs of anxious verbiage above, I'd just like to verify that the subject is... creased expansion rulebooks?

Creased... or damaged.

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jimmy jo jim Bob
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
rotting rubbish heap of a world
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
oh, wow. such the drama
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark De Lorenzo
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I see all the components listed except for the rulebook. How are you guys doing this? I see the other expansions have this as the item ??001.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
EnjoyRC wrote:
I see all the components listed except for the rulebook. How are you guys doing this? I see the other expansions have this as the item ??001.

Are you saying that the rulebook is not an option for replacement requests on their site? Because that might be the funniest thing I've heard all week.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hero Guy
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
tumorous wrote:
EnjoyRC wrote:
I see all the components listed except for the rulebook. How are you guys doing this? I see the other expansions have this as the item ??001.

Are you saying that the rulebook is not an option for replacement requests on their site? Because that might be the funniest thing I've heard all week.


No...the funniest thing I've heard all week is that the monster tokens in this expansion are not the same size as ALL THE OTHER TOKENS WE ALREADY HAVE. That's funny right? Because the alternative is to cry.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark De Lorenzo
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
tumorous wrote:
Are you saying that the rulebook is not an option for replacement requests on their site? Because that might be the funniest thing I've heard all week.
Correct
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick M
msg tools
mb
I've posted an unboxing video. While my rulebook is creased, it's not especially damaged. I'll soon post a solo conquest playthrough (using Braevalar) that focuses a bit on the rulebook. I'll also focus on the size of the new enemy tokens in relation to the tokens from the base game and Lost Legion expansion. I find the size and quality of the Braevalar mini to be of more concern. It seems small even in comparison to a figure like Tovak, and it seems especially small in comparison to figures like Krang.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the video, as I'll welcome comments and new subscribers.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Jank

Tacoma
Washington
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree that my rulebook is also creased. But the thing that I'm most upset about are the card size. Not only are they a thinner card than the base game but also slightly bigger. Noticing exactly which cards are action cards or spells very easily when shuffling.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
JankTV wrote:
But the thing that I'm most upset about are the card size. Not only are they a thinner card than the base game but also slightly bigger.


Come on. You're being unreasonable. They had to make the cards bigger in order to compensate for the smaller tokens.
15 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hero Guy
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
JankTV wrote:
I agree that my rulebook is also creased. But the thing that I'm most upset about are the card size. Not only are they a thinner card than the base game but also slightly bigger. Noticing exactly which cards are action cards or spells very easily when shuffling.


Is this seriously a thing too? The cards are different stock and size?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Hortness
Canada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Of course the rulebooks are damaged. They are bigger than the box they came in.

I'll just keep mine under a heavy book for a while to flatten it out a bit. Not a major issue.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ND3G wrote:
Of course the rulebooks are damaged. They are bigger than the box they came in.


I guess that's what they mean by "may be creased or damaged due to the packaging process." They simply failed to anticipate that putting a rulebook in a box smaller than itself could cause creasing or damage. An understandable oversight.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, now we know what that "higher than normal number" is: 100%.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got to say, I'm getting more amusement value out of Wizkids's blunders than the cost of the game.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.