Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Busam
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Played my first game of the new printing last night, and I had a few questions. My reference is version 2.8 of the rules.

Can you give me a run down of exactly what can be accomplished by using a single Operation on navies during the combat phase?

The following list is how we played it:

With 1 Operation spent on an area with a Navy you can...

1. Attack an adjacent area with any non-transport ships.
2. Move to a designated area
3. Move to a designated area, then attack with any non-transport ships
4. Load troops from a single adjacent area onto ships in the sea area.
5. Disembark transported troops to a single non-friendly area (as in an amphibious assault).

Tangentially, my rules also say that if the ships move, it costs 1 Oil. I see on the Rules FAQ at the Command Post website that there should be no cost, as resources have already been paid to initiate the attack. We played according to the rules FAQ.

Have I made any mistakes, or missed anything with the above?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke O'Hearn
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ambusam wrote:
Can you give me a run down of exactly what can be accomplished by using a single Operation on navies during the combat phase?

The following list is how we played it:

With 1 Operation spent on an area with a Navy you can...

1. Attack an adjacent area with any non-transport ships.
2. Move to a designated area
3. Move to a designated area, then attack with any non-transport ships
4. Load troops from a single adjacent area onto ships in the sea area.
5. Disembark transported troops to a single non-friendly area (as in an amphibious assault).

Tangentially, my rules also say that if the ships move, it costs 1 Oil. I see on the Rules FAQ at the Command Post website that there should be no cost, as resources have already been paid to initiate the attack. We played according to the rules FAQ.

Have I made any mistakes, or missed anything with the above?

Thanks!

Note that in order to load those troops they must be activated (which is a second operation), and that this can only be done if you are conducting an invasion (otherwise you would have to board during the movement phase).

I like to think of amphibious invasion as a special case of combined assault. You activate armies and navies in two seperate areas in order to collectively attack a single area. The only differences are that the armies are moved by the navies to reach the target, and that attacking armies are destroyed if they do not kill all the defenders.

It seems to reduce confusion when I put it in those terms.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.