Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Moore
United States
Oak Ridge
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello everyone. I am trying to figure out what the next game I purchase should be, and would like some help. I am looking for a game that has:

player interactivity elements, not just everyone doing the same thing but trying to get better at it (read: Agricola).

fighting against one another of some nature would be nice but not war games, however, as well as not Twilight Struggle.

Something that plays well with 2 players, but can handle more.

Something that isn't cost prohibitive. I am slowly generating money for this and would hate to have to wait a long time to get it.

Something that is not a co-op game. We have plenty of those.

And, lastly, not a deck builder or LCG style.

I am kind of leaning towards Mage Knight, but as I am currently borrowing it from a great and kind individual I am afraid we might be played out on it for a while before our copy would arrive.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evn Tomeny
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mb
If you like Agricola, you can always get more of the same from Caverna: The Cave Farmers.

It sounds like you're looking for an epic or expandable game, which I can't recommend, as these all tend to be war games. That said, here's a list of some of my favorites that play well with two and scale up:

Takenoko
Roll for the Galaxy
Imperial Settlers
Race for the Galaxy
Machi Koro (needs Machi Koro: Harbor)
Suburbia
Power Grid (some would argue that it's not great with 2, but I love it with any number)
Seasons
Sushi Go! (lightweight drafting game)

Only plays with two:
Jaipur (lightweight card game)
Agricola: All Creatures Big and Small
Valley of the Kings (medium weight deckbuilder)

Only for more than two:
Sheriff of Nottingham
7 Wonders (this works with 2, but is better with 3+)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Tolin
United States
Beaumont
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Keyflower.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melody Hill
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree, Roll or Race for the Galaxy and Caverna are good choices. Good luck! ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.