Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
88 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 

BattleLore (Second Edition)» Forums » Organized Play

Subject: 2nd Unofficial Battlelore Command Online Tournament (round 3 started!!!) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Electro Rush
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, as the first unofficial tournament of Battlelore Command ended I promised that soon I will organise 2nd edition.
And because I always want to keep my word, hereby I declare:
2nd UNOFFICIAL BATTLELORE COMMAND ONLINE TOURNAMENT

IMPORTANT NOTE: To play in this tournament "Locust: Expansion Pack" expansion is needed.

Rules:
1) Tournament starts 7 August 2015, and lasts for 4 weeks. During each week players participating in tournament will be matched in pairs and will play one game against each other.

2) Tournament is played according to swiss tournament system, points for winning are gained according to table below.

Example: Tom played against Jeff, and won. Final score was 50 to 37 in favour of Tom. According to scoring rules it is 13-7 win for Tom.It means that Tom gained 50 Small Points and 13 Big Points. Meanwhile Jeff get 37 Small Points and 7 Big Points.

3) Pairings in first round are determined randomly. Pairings in later rounds will be determined according to players Big Points score, and in a case of draw, in following order, according to:

a) difference between Small Points Gained and Small Points Lost,
b) number of Small Points Gained,
c) number of Small Points Lost.

4) Paired players have one week to make an appointment, play game and report final result in this thread.

5) When reporting final result of the game, the player should provide Small Points score with indication of who is the winner. When posting result player have to use players' BGG nicks.

Example: Tom vs Jeff, 50-37, Winner: Tom

6) In case player's opponent didn't show up for a game for a whole week this player gets "BYE" result, and it counts as if he won game by difference of 10 Small Points. Player that didn't show up for a game, doesn't get any Small Points or Big Points.

7) Whole tournament consists of 4 rounds of deathmatch games played on the following maps: 1st week - The Rookery, 2nd week - Hart's Grove, 3rd week - Hernfar Isle, 4th week - The Grey Gate

8) Players use armies with maximum value of 50 points.

9) Player must declare which fraction he will play during tournament and he must use armies of this fraction during the whole tournament.

10) Players are allowed to build army lists using following units:

a) Daquan Lords - Citadel Guard, Greyhaven Battlemage, Ironbound, Riverwatch Rider, Roc Warrior, Rune Golem, Yeoman Archer

b) Uthuk Y'llan - Blood Harvester, Chaos Lord, Doombringer, Flesh Ripper Brute, Grotesque, Obscene, Viper Legion

All other units available in the game ARE NOT ALLOWED in this tournament.

11) Final standings of players after 4th round of tournament are determined according to the number of Big Points scored. In case of a tie in number of Big Points scored, between two or more players, final standings are determined, in following order, according to:

a) difference between Small Points Gained and Small Points Lost,
b) number of Small Points Gained,
c) number of Small Points Lost.

If after all those steps there is still a tie between players the draw is declared.
The winner of the whole tournament is the player who, after 4 rounds of games, will be first in final standings.

12) Players shouldn't play against each other more than once. If situation like this occurs, players, instead of playing against each other, are matched against other tournament participants whoes ranking is closest to theirs.

13) Table with scores and standings will be posted in original post of this thread and regularly updated following coming game results. Players will be wrote down in the table according to BGG nick. The template of tournament table is posted below:

To take part in this tournament, post in this thread, declaring which faction you picked, till the August 7, 0:00 am, GMT+1 Warsaw time (accroding to BGG). After this date the list of participants will be closed.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

If you have any questions or comments post them in this thread.

All issues related to the tournament will be solved and discussed in this thread.

I'll regularly update list of registered players (tournament participants).

I reserve right to resign from organization of the tournament if the number of registered players will be less than 6.

TOURNAMENT PARTICIPANTS:

1. chamr - Uthuk
2. Ressless - Uthuk
3. Ardipithecus - Daqan
4. Parakitor - Daqan
5. Ardray - Daqan
6. g1ul10 - Daqan
7. joefling34 - Uthuk
8. Milarky - Daqan
9. Budgernaut - Uthuk
10. Hendal - Daqan

TOURNAMENT TABLE:

PAIRINGS FOR A ROUND 1:

1. g1ul10 (Daqan) vs. Milarky (Daqan)
2. Ardipithecus (Daqan) vs. Parakitor (Daqan)
3. Ardray (Daqan) vs. Ressless (Uthuk)
4. joefling34 (Uthuk) vs. chamr (Uthuk)
5. Budgernaut (Uthuk) vs. Hendal (Daqan)

ROUND FINISHED

PAIRINGS FOR A ROUND 2:

1. Budgernaut (Uthuk) vs. Ardray (Daqan)
2. g1ul10 (Daqan) vs. chamr (Uthuk)
3. Ardipithecus (Daqan) vs. Milarky (Daqan)
4. Parakitor (Daqan) vs. Ressless (Uthuk)
5. Hendal (Daqan) vs. joefling34 (Uthuk)

Map: Hart's Grove

ROUND FINISHED

PAIRINGS FOR A ROUND 3:

1. g1ul10 (Daqan) vs. Ardray (Daqan)
2. Budgernaut (Uthuk) vs. Ardipithecus (Daqan)
3. Ressless (Uthuk) vs. chamr (Uthuk)
4. Parakitor (Daqan) vs. Hendal (Uthuk)
5. Milarky (Daqan) vs. joefling34 (Uthuk)

Map: Hernfar Isle

ATTENTION: Results of the above matches, should be posted in this thread by both or one of the pairing participants till 18 September 2015, 0:00 am, GMT +1 Warsaw Time (according to BGG)

LINKS:
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/bctu#
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett
United States
Laredo
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: 2nd Unofficial Battlelore Command Online Tournament (registration of participants started!!!)
I will sadly have to pass on this one. I should be free in a few weeks, though. Good luck to all the participants!

EDIT: Also, we should consider adding the other units to one of these tournaments to see how it changes things. Not this one, necessarily, but some time in the future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Chambers
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: 2nd Unofficial Battlelore Command Online Tournament (registration of participants started!!!)
I'm in. Uthuk, please. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
Germany
Dresden
Saxony
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Count me in with Uthuk!! thanks in advance!

Question. will we play also the Beacon Maps maybe where you have to get at least 9 Orbs to win?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Electro Rush
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ressless wrote:

Question. will we play also the Beacon Maps maybe where you have to get at least 9 Orbs to win?

Maybe during next tournament. As of now deathmatch maps are used because it is the easiest way to determine winner in match up with swiss tournament system. Also games focused on destroying your enemies rock!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew

New Jersey
msg tools
I'm in. Daqan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
Germany
Dresden
Saxony
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Embir wrote:
[q="Ressless"]
Also games focused on destroying your enemies rock!

I think the opposite is better, getting a strategic target and manuver out your enemy i think is more intense in the mid game.

Thats why i like to play more BL2E instead of the first one.

But in this Game , the Beacon maps are really not well placed and possible armies ruining it.

Daqan is better with just Birds and some archers.
Uthuk can well take CLord and DoomBug and some flesh ripper and archers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel
United States
Riverside
California
flag msg tools
I'm in, too. Still proudly flying the banner of the Daqan Lords. I will probably wave that banner until my forces are dead in the ground, and called back from the grave to serve a new master...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Klecker
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Count me in. I'll be playing Daqan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giulio
Italy
Scandiano
RE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't miss this. I'm in. Daqan, of course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim Tim TIm TIM TIMMY!!
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
if there is room, count me in - I will need to be informed if I am in and when the first match starts, thanks

Good with either army

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Campo
United Kingdom
Manchester
lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
just had a game with hendal.. not toury.. just testing online game for 1st time
Im a Daqan. player.

am i to late

steam wise i think i come in as evermore with a kidish pirate as my avatar
I found its easier to play on tablet and its is cross platform worked great

i have a question.. when we played .. i could only see the mages as a new unit is there a way to see the other units?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
Germany
Dresden
Saxony
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Milarky wrote:
just had a game with hendal.. not toury.. just testing online game for 1st time
Im a Daqan. player.

am i to late

steam wise i think i come in as evermore with a kidish pirate as my avatar
I found its easier to play on tablet and its is cross platform worked great

i have a question.. when we played .. i could only see the mages as a new unit is there a way to see the other units?

You have to continue the Campaign mode and also the Uthuk Missions after it.

And then you can even miss a Unit, like me the Blood Sisters, but you have to play from the beginning to chose the mission with them.... .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Campo
United Kingdom
Manchester
lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
glad its a fun game its my 3rd-4th play though.. of the campaign

1 v1.x crash with phone
1 lost phone
1 bad use of a clean up app

im getting much better as a result.

how many missions are there ?

i go to the one with the giant obese guy. once
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Chambers
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ressless wrote:

And then you can even miss a Unit, like me the Blood Sisters, but you have to play from the beginning to chose the mission with them.... .

Ugh. Really? There's no shortcut to getting the Blood Sisters? I have to start from the beginning again? So if I choose the Replay Missions and pick one a step or two before the Blood Sisters mission, that won't work? I really have to start from square one?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
Germany
Dresden
Saxony
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chamr wrote:
Ressless wrote:

Ugh. Really? There's no shortcut to getting the Blood Sisters? I have to start from the beginning again? So if I choose the Replay Missions and pick one a step or two before the Blood Sisters mission, that won't work? I really have to start from square one?!

Yep, i tried once the mission before the some unit. And after finishing it i brought me back to the Mission screen. But i am not 100% sure(maybe i am even wrong).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Fling
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Im in as Uthuk!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Electro Rush
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PAIRINGS FOR A ROUND 1:

1. g1ul10 (Daqan) vs. Milarky (Daqan)
2. Ardipithecus (Daqan) vs. Parakitor (Daqan)
3. Ardray (Daqan) vs. Ressless (Uthuk)
4. joefling34 (Uthuk) vs. chamr (Uthuk)
5. Budgernaut (Uthuk) vs. Hendal (Daqan)

Map: The Rookery

ATTENTION: Results of the above matches, should be posted in this thread by both or one of the pairing participants till 21 August 2015, 0:00 am, GMT +1 Warsaw Time (according to BGG)

Note: longer time to play out pairings in the first round is an exception caused by my holiday - after 1st round we will back to 1 week time to play out pairings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim Tim TIm TIM TIMMY!!
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
oh well, maybe next one I guess, maybe I should have picke done army and not said I would take either?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
Germany
Dresden
Saxony
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hendal wrote:
oh well, maybe next one I guess, maybe I should have picke done army and not said I would take either?

Yeah where is your Match i mean it would be a free win, so Admin^^ i know your on holidays but please put him in the tournament!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim Tim TIm TIM TIMMY!!
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
no worries, I tried, I was thinking you had to play red verses blue, but I see that is not the case , that is why I did not choose an army side, I would have like to be blue, but again such is life, no worries

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giulio
Italy
Scandiano
RE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally, I'd like to have hendal involved in the tournament. I'm sure that if it can be done, Embir will find a way of handling an odd number of players. Otherwise, it's a matter of waiting four weeks for the 3rd round :-)

Edit: Embir, maybe you can consider to participate yourself into the tournament as the 10th player :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew

New Jersey
msg tools
40-32 Ardipithecus over Parakitor. Very even match, just came down to die rolls. I had two weakened archer units running away at the end to secure the victory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett
United States
Laredo
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys! I didn't realize the tournament was starting this week. I thought it was starting last week. I just got back from my business trip (camping and collecting bugs is my business ) and heard the tournament started yesterday. Can Hendal and I be paired for this round?

If so, I'm going Uthuk again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett
United States
Laredo
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ressless wrote:
chamr wrote:
Ressless wrote:

Yep, i tried once the mission before the some unit. And after finishing it i brought me back to the Mission screen. But i am not 100% sure(maybe i am even wrong).

Are you guys talking about Malaana? Or is there a different Blood Sisters unit that I'm missing? There is only one campaign mission I haven't played yet -- Defend the Tower.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.