Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
35 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Ashes: Rise of the Phoenixborn» Forums » General

Subject: Noooooo! Game arrived, all 6 Phoenixborn missing! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
flag msg tools
publisher
I have never lost at Ascension nor Shards of Infinity.
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
From what I've read, there was a quality assurance issue. This issue resulted in each copy being opened, items replaced, and then re-sealed.

Unfortunately, my copy wound up with two packs of the cards featuring Massive Growth as the topmost card. After frantically going through the box, the grim reality has set in: my copy is missing the 6 primary Phoenixborn (and likely other cards).

To anyone from PHG reading this thread: I'll be at Gen Con this week. Can I touch base with someone to get the missing cards?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon
United States
Fremont
CA
flag msg tools
badge
For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst, and to provide for it.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Huuuze wrote:
From what I've read, there was a quality assurance issue. This issue resulted in each copy being opened, items replaced, and then re-sealed.


Eh? Where did you hear this?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
publisher
I have never lost at Ascension nor Shards of Infinity.
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
DoubleH wrote:
Huuuze wrote:
From what I've read, there was a quality assurance issue. This issue resulted in each copy being opened, items replaced, and then re-sealed.


Eh? Where did you hear this?

If memory serves, there was a passing mention of re-packing the boxes on the Ashes Online Facebook page. When you receive the box, it's clear that it's been re-sealed.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Brian from PHG resolved this on FB. Sucks, though. soblue
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Huuuze wrote:
DoubleH wrote:
Huuuze wrote:
From what I've read, there was a quality assurance issue. This issue resulted in each copy being opened, items replaced, and then re-sealed.


Eh? Where did you hear this?

If memory serves, there was a passing mention of re-packing the boxes on the Ashes Online Facebook page. When you receive the box, it's clear that it's been re-sealed.


Mine was definitely resealed. My Felicia Day promo for Dead of Winter was attached to the box under the same packaging seal.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Rausch
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Bonus!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
publisher
I have never lost at Ascension nor Shards of Infinity.
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
kelann08 wrote:
Sucks, though. soblue

http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Frodge
United States
Plantation
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't experience this issue with my copy. All cards were included, everything was in good condition.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got mine today but only just now opened the box since I was out for awhile.

Haven't opened the cards yet to check them, but one thing that is already messed up is the Dimona Odinstar card and the 3 Rayward Knight cards that came packed with her in the little baggie. All 4 cards are bent pretty significantly at about a third of the way up the cards.

The baggie was sitting on the same side of the "insert" as the big block of packaged cards and there was a ton of space in the box for things to slide back and forth in transit. My guess of what happened is that the big block of cards slammed against the promo pack when the promo pack was laying perpendicular to the big block and pushed it until all 4 cards bent.

Kind of a bummer. At first I was worried that there wasn't a promo because it wasn't taped to the outside of the shrink wrap, but still stinks that they are there but bent.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Watkins
United States
Forest Hill
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hahma wrote:
I just got mine today but only just now opened the box since I was out for awhile.

Haven't opened the cards yet to check them, but one thing that is already messed up is the Dimona Odinstar card and the 3 Rayward Knight cards that came packed with her in the little baggie. All 4 cards are bent pretty significantly at about a third of the way up the cards.

The baggie was sitting on the same side of the "insert" as the big block of packaged cards and there was a ton of space in the box for things to slide back and forth in transit. My guess of what happened is that the big block of cards slammed against the promo pack when the promo pack was laying perpendicular to the big block and pushed it until all 4 cards bent.

Kind of a bummer. At first I was worried that there wasn't a promo because it wasn't taped to the outside of the shrink wrap, but still stinks that they are there but bent.


Same thing happened here man.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C. E. Freeman
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine was on the other side of the insert and they were in good shape.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are some pictures of the bent cards:









Just opened up the rest of the cards and most of them are fine, but there was a thick stack of wrapped cards that had a few issues. The bottom right corners on all 3 Hypnotize cards are trashed and the cards are bent similarly as with Dimona and the Knights. The 3 Molten Gold cards that were under the Hypnotize cards are bent similar to Dimona and the Knights, but not as severe.

I must say, I'm quite disappointed in these issues that make several cards unplayable as they will stand out in a deck like a sore thumb. Not to mention that this game cost a good bit including shipping and with the discount from pre-ordering it. I have to assume the dice are a good bit of the cost because there isn't much cardboard and not like a ton of cards.





4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hahma wrote:
I must say, I'm quite disappointed in these issues that make several cards unplayable as they will stand out in a deck like a sore thumb. Not to mention that this game cost a good bit including shipping and with the discount from pre-ordering it. I have to assume the dice are a good bit of the cost because there isn't much cardboard and not like a ton of cards.


That really sucks, I'm sorry your game arrived that way.

Have you contacted Brian at Plaid Hat? He's been very active in helping people get stuff replaced.

I can tell you, from my limited experience with various publishers I know, dice are expensive as hell compared to anything else. Chunkier, carved dice, even more so. 250+ cards is also no small amount. The number of cards is equivalent to the number found in Warhammer Conquest and the dice can account for the difference in MSRP.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly N.
United States
Richmond
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Huuuze wrote:
This issue resulted in each copy being opened, items replaced, and then re-sealed.


Well, I had an oddity that is nowhere near as critical as you guys. But at least I now know how it could have happened, considering the quote above.

This is a board game first for me. I had a shoe print on the inside of my box lid. Yep, someone actually stepped in my box lid and left a shoe print. Fortunately, the lid suffered no visible damage from it, other than the print.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Reed
United States
Galloway
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
sabbat00 wrote:
Huuuze wrote:
This issue resulted in each copy being opened, items replaced, and then re-sealed.


Well, I had an oddity that is nowhere near as critical as you guys. But at least I now know how it could have happened, considering the quote above.

This is a board game first for me. I had a shoe print on the inside of my box lid. Yep, someone actually stepped in my box lid and left a shoe print. Fortunately, the lid suffered no visible damage from it, other than the print.

I think the PHG crew should post images of their shoe bottoms here so you can match it up.

The culprit owes you a beer at a con.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Clark
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
sabbat00 wrote:
Huuuze wrote:
This issue resulted in each copy being opened, items replaced, and then re-sealed.


Well, I had an oddity that is nowhere near as critical as you guys. But at least I now know how it could have happened, considering the quote above.

This is a board game first for me. I had a shoe print on the inside of my box lid. Yep, someone actually stepped in my box lid and left a shoe print. Fortunately, the lid suffered no visible damage from it, other than the print.

That's...really, really funny. A shoe print? shake But you say the cover wasn't damaged or anything, which is good, because IMO, Ashes has one of the nicest covers of any game, ever.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kelann08 wrote:
Hahma wrote:
I must say, I'm quite disappointed in these issues that make several cards unplayable as they will stand out in a deck like a sore thumb. Not to mention that this game cost a good bit including shipping and with the discount from pre-ordering it. I have to assume the dice are a good bit of the cost because there isn't much cardboard and not like a ton of cards.


That really sucks, I'm sorry your game arrived that way.

Have you contacted Brian at Plaid Hat? He's been very active in helping people get stuff replaced.

I can tell you, from my limited experience with various publishers I know, dice are expensive as hell compared to anything else. Chunkier, carved dice, even more so. 250+ cards is also no small amount. The number of cards is equivalent to the number found in Warhammer Conquest and the dice can account for the difference in MSRP.


Hey Donny,

I sent Brian an email. I know the PH boys are going to be busy with GenCon and travel, so I just asked that when they get time if they could help me out.

I understand the custom dice cost, as well as the awesome art, but when you do spend that much and it comes damaged, it kind of sucks the fun and excitement of looking through it all and learning the cards and such. At least temporarily until they get replaced anyway.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rupp
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hahma wrote:
kelann08 wrote:
Hahma wrote:
I must say, I'm quite disappointed in these issues that make several cards unplayable as they will stand out in a deck like a sore thumb. Not to mention that this game cost a good bit including shipping and with the discount from pre-ordering it. I have to assume the dice are a good bit of the cost because there isn't much cardboard and not like a ton of cards.


That really sucks, I'm sorry your game arrived that way.

Have you contacted Brian at Plaid Hat? He's been very active in helping people get stuff replaced.

I can tell you, from my limited experience with various publishers I know, dice are expensive as hell compared to anything else. Chunkier, carved dice, even more so. 250+ cards is also no small amount. The number of cards is equivalent to the number found in Warhammer Conquest and the dice can account for the difference in MSRP.


Hey Donny,

I sent Brian an email. I know the PH boys are going to be busy with GenCon and travel, so I just asked that when they get time if they could help me out.

I understand the custom dice cost, as well as the awesome art, but when you do spend that much and it comes damaged, it kind of sucks the fun and excitement of looking through it all and learning the cards and such. At least temporarily until they get replaced anyway.


Have you tried flattening them out with books overnight? It looks like the promos may be saved. The bent/scuffed corners are probably past saving though.

//edit: BTW mine came in great shape. No issues to report.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rrrrupp wrote:
Hahma wrote:
kelann08 wrote:
Hahma wrote:
I must say, I'm quite disappointed in these issues that make several cards unplayable as they will stand out in a deck like a sore thumb. Not to mention that this game cost a good bit including shipping and with the discount from pre-ordering it. I have to assume the dice are a good bit of the cost because there isn't much cardboard and not like a ton of cards.


That really sucks, I'm sorry your game arrived that way.

Have you contacted Brian at Plaid Hat? He's been very active in helping people get stuff replaced.

I can tell you, from my limited experience with various publishers I know, dice are expensive as hell compared to anything else. Chunkier, carved dice, even more so. 250+ cards is also no small amount. The number of cards is equivalent to the number found in Warhammer Conquest and the dice can account for the difference in MSRP.


Hey Donny,

I sent Brian an email. I know the PH boys are going to be busy with GenCon and travel, so I just asked that when they get time if they could help me out.

I understand the custom dice cost, as well as the awesome art, but when you do spend that much and it comes damaged, it kind of sucks the fun and excitement of looking through it all and learning the cards and such. At least temporarily until they get replaced anyway.


Have you tried flattening them out with books overnight? It looks like the promos may be saved. The bent/scuffed corners are probably past saving though.

//edit: BTW mine came in great shape. No issues to report.

I'll give it a try tonight. Though they may just spring back afterward. Regardless, I need them to be indistinguishable from other cards in the draw deck.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Reed
United States
Galloway
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hahma wrote:
rrrrupp wrote:
Hahma wrote:
kelann08 wrote:
Hahma wrote:
I must say, I'm quite disappointed in these issues that make several cards unplayable as they will stand out in a deck like a sore thumb. Not to mention that this game cost a good bit including shipping and with the discount from pre-ordering it. I have to assume the dice are a good bit of the cost because there isn't much cardboard and not like a ton of cards.


That really sucks, I'm sorry your game arrived that way.

Have you contacted Brian at Plaid Hat? He's been very active in helping people get stuff replaced.

I can tell you, from my limited experience with various publishers I know, dice are expensive as hell compared to anything else. Chunkier, carved dice, even more so. 250+ cards is also no small amount. The number of cards is equivalent to the number found in Warhammer Conquest and the dice can account for the difference in MSRP.


Hey Donny,

I sent Brian an email. I know the PH boys are going to be busy with GenCon and travel, so I just asked that when they get time if they could help me out.

I understand the custom dice cost, as well as the awesome art, but when you do spend that much and it comes damaged, it kind of sucks the fun and excitement of looking through it all and learning the cards and such. At least temporarily until they get replaced anyway.


Have you tried flattening them out with books overnight? It looks like the promos may be saved. The bent/scuffed corners are probably past saving though.

//edit: BTW mine came in great shape. No issues to report.

I'll give it a try tonight. Though they may just spring back afterward. Regardless, I need them to be indistinguishable from other cards in the draw deck.


Just bend all the others.

Joking. devil
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got an email from Brian from Plaid Hat and he's going to hook me up with replacement cards. Great service from Plaid Hat.cool
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Beyke
United States
Louisville
KY
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
cool
9 
 Thumb up
5.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Watkins
United States
Forest Hill
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Brian will there be some play mats for Ashes at some point? If so I will be very happy.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Newsham
United Kingdom
Halifax
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Goemon12677 wrote:
Hey Brian will there be some play mats for Ashes at some point? If so I will be very happy.


Confirmed in this thread
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Beyke
United States
Louisville
KY
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Goemon12677 wrote:
Hey Brian will there be some play mats for Ashes at some point? If so I will be very happy.


you mean like these?
18 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.