$30.00
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
346 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [14] | 

Flip the Table » Forums » News

Subject: 2015 COOL STUFF INC. CONTEST!!! (Deadline 6:00 PM EST, August 14th 2015) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Michaud
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EDIT: The contest is over and a winner has been drawn and notified! Thanks to all who participated!

As announced on Episode 78, here's your chance to win a $50.00 gift certificate to Cool Stuff Inc! This is part of a larger contest taking place across most podcasts in the Dice Tower Network...the winner of each contest will get a $50.00 gift certificate, and those winners will be entered into a huge grand prize drawing!

All you have to do is post a comment in this thread! What kind of comment? Well, here's a prompt to get the conversation started...

"In 2025, what will be the raddest booth at GenCon?" (You don't have to stick to this subject, of course...any comment will do!)

We will choose one winner AT RANDOM to win the $50.00 Gift Certificate! That winner will be entered automatically into a larger contest where the winners of every other participating Dice Tower Network contest will have a chance to win a HUGE prize from CSI! Limit 1 entry per participant (you can comment as many times as you like, however). NO PURCHASE NECESSARY, void where prohibited. Contest is open to international participants, participants are responsible for any associated taxes and duties. Deadline for entry is 6:00 PM EST, August 14th 2015.

EDIT: The winner of this contest will be entered into the grand prize drawing among the winners of this month's participating contests for a $500 Cool Stuff Inc gift card! Some sources have reported this as $1,000; just wanted to set the record straight! (Edited 8/12/2015)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Williams
United States
Lubbock
Texas
flag msg tools
"Let us go out this evening for pleasure; the night is still young."
badge
STOP! WHOSE TURN IS IT NEXT?
mbmbmbmbmb
In 2025, the raddest GenCon booth will be the Asmodee group booth. Basically the entire con is the Asmodee booth. In fact, the con is now called ASMOCON.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brock Poulsen
United States
West Valley City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think we're all looking forward to the booth at GenCon that is a perfect cube, and attendees can be strapped in and get rolled like a die! If you roll a 6, you get a free dose of dramamine!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephanie Tennison
United States
Lawndale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The raddest booth at Gencon in 2025 will be the Retro Booth. You'll get to play the hipster games of the past, where you actually had to use your hands to move things around on a physical board. Man, those gamers were crazy back then...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Mayes
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
HEALED!!!
badge
When I'm not looking, my games play each other!
mbmbmbmbmb
The raddest booth at GenCon 2025 will be my booth. I'm going to take the $50 GC and invest it. In 10 years time, just like the savings bond my grandmother gave me when I kid, will be worth like a million dollars. I'll easily be able to afford the booth, and you're all invited.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
marc magner
United States
webster
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Raddest both will obviously be the Dice Tower network booth. As Old Man Vassel will be held together with animatronics and will be called the dice terminator. You'll hand him a game, he'll climb to the top of the roof chew it (the rest is censored) and the remains will fall to the ground.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Dang
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My money's on the FTTP booth. Surely by then our Patreon contributions would have allowed them to buy off the entire floor! Their booth will be stacked up to the ceiling with those cassette tapes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Shearer
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
Creepy to read this just as I got to that part of the episode.

Anyway, I feel like the ... Ok, I'm too distracted to be funny. I guess this is why I should wait until after I finish the episode to do this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Bowles
Australia
Tatura
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
easterly1 wrote:
The Raddest both will obviously be the Dice Tower network booth. As Old Man Vassel will be held together with animatronics and will be called the dice terminator. You'll hand him a game, he'll climb to the top of the roof chew it (the rest is censored) and the remains will fall to the ground.

wow.. that's grim. The dude's only late 30s.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
marc magner
United States
webster
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
balzi wrote:
easterly1 wrote:

wow.. that's grim. The dude's only late 30s.

yes, but we'll all be animated in the great corporate wars of 2020.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Blue
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Clearly the best booth at GenCon 2025 will be the one you land on by exact count.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Rousar
United States
Warrenville
Illinois
flag msg tools
haha....poop
mbmbmbmbmb
The raddest booth at Gen Con 2025 will be the one that you can actually find. Gen Con will have grown so big that it has turned into just a sea of people not quite sure why they all showed up there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lindy Castro
United States
Wyoming
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
2025 will host the first live action realtime DVD boardgame called a LARD.. Oh yea, it'll be a thing
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brody Sheard
United States
Jonesboro
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Love HABA

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach Greenwalt
United States
Englewood
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
in 2025, fantasy flight would have expanded its enterprise into an actual airline, delving into futuristic aviation so they can re release x-wing expansions, but they are fully operational aircraft! so the most hoppingist booth is the fantasy flight airport.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan T
United States
Forest
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It will be Chuck Woolery's booth, which he commandeered from FTT. By then he will have learned the secret of immortality and will be using FTT's connections and resources to recruit new members for the Cult of Chuck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Morgan
United States
Sandusky
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The best booth will be a time machine that will zap you back to any past year gencon for long enough to play one game released that year
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Bowles
Australia
Tatura
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In 2025 Gencon will be in Adelaide, SA, Australia.
Indiana will be hit hard by the 2020 bug which stopped sandwich-press and expresso machines from operating, with devastating consequences.

One of these consequences will be moving Gencon to a safer city with working kitchen appliances and the raddest booth will be the food vendor.

(Sorry to break it to you folks)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Edwards
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The raddest booth will be a Tom Vasel dunking booth. You have no idea how long I would stand in line for that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Sessoms
United States
Butler
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I'm a Super Genius, but not in the style of Mark Madden, Local sports idiot.
mbmbmbmbmb
The best booth in 2025 will be the hall of BIJ where you can actually participate in BIJ in real time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Herrera
United States
Vancouver
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In 2025, the raddest booth will be the Flip The Table booth since GenCon will be absorbed into Dice Tower Con 3. This convention will be held in the FTT Spacestation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Aaron
United States
Ambler
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In 2025, the raddest booth will actually be a mainstream game booth where you can play VR Heartthrob. Full 3D Trevor. Right there. Beside you. Gazing deep into your eyes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brenden Johnson
United States
Lakeville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm, 2025. That sounds like such a futuristic date, but we're closer to it than we are to the year 2000. I'm old.

Anyway, raddest Gen Con booth...
It is well known that the 80s were the raddest decade.
So I'm thinking it's just a random booth filled with totally tubular surfers and skateboarders, some sweet bangs on fly booth honeys, and lots of neon-colored, garish-patterned clothes. They aren't selling anything but nostalgia.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Bowles
Australia
Tatura
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
justplainchips wrote:
Hmmm, 2025. That sounds like such a futuristic date, but we're closer to it than we are to the year 2000. I'm old.

Anyway, raddest Gen Con booth...
It is well known that the 80s were the raddest decade.
So I'm thinking it's just a random booth filled with totally tubular surfers and skateboarders, some sweet bangs on fly booth honeys, and lots of neon-colored, garish-patterned clothes. They aren't selling anything but nostalgia.

And a cavalcade of 50 year olds are buying the lot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Paul
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On second thought, let's not go to Camelot. It is a silly place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [14] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.