Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
19 Posts

Mistfall» Forums » General

Subject: Retail plans? or anyone with an extra ks copy they are willing to sell? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joel Carr
United States
Ruckersville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I unfortunately missed the KS, If anyone has an extar KS copy I would love to acquire one, please PM me. Also if no ks version is available, what are the retail plans for this game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Mayes
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
Spin Termite
badge
When I'm not looking, my games play each other!
mbmbmbmbmb
I am in the exact same boat as you, Joel. I missed the KS and would love, love, love to get a copy. If there is anyone else planning on selling or trading their copy, send me a GM. Please.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave S
United States
Pleasant Grove
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Malaiser wrote:
I am in the exact same boat as you, Joel. I missed the KS and would love, love, love to get a copy. If there is anyone else planning on selling or trading their copy, send me a GM. Please.

The US Kickstarter versions are still on their way to the States, and won't be here until the beginning of August. Then they will have to go to the distributor to get to the backers. I believe they will be selling a few copies at GenCon, but I don't expect this to get to retail until late Aug. or Sept (although I could be wrong). Most of the stretch goals were not KS exclusives, so I expect that the base retail game will still be awesome.

In any case, hopefully someone has a pledge for extra copies that you can pick up, but I don't think anyone in the USA has one yet.

Edit: Clarified below that there are no KS Exclusives, only KS limited that will be on sale later. Game will not be on sale at Gen Con.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the same boat, but my impression from some older threads is that the retail version is coming for sure some time later this year, so I am not too concerned I missed the KS. Also, it looks like the KS exclusives might be available from the BGG store and at conventions (I missed the KS - where to find?).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Mayes
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
Spin Termite
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's good to know, thanks. I know US backers don't have it yet and I'm happy to wait the few months, I'm just letting my impatience get the best of me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B. G. Kubacki
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For all of you who missed the Kickstarter: yes, the game will be available in retail, however (and this is very important) not before backers receive their copies. That means we will not be selling Mistfall at GenCon, although there might be some copies available for reviewers.

And to quickly give you an overview of the differences between KS and retail version of Mistfall:

- Retail version comes with 385 cards, 7 Heroes, 4 Quests.
- Kickstarter version come with 440 cards, giving you 2 more Quests, more Enemies and anoher way to make the game more difficult.

Also, we do not make KS Exclusive stuff: all the things added to Mistfall are Kickstarter Limited. It means that backers receive them free with their copies of the game, and people who buy later still have a chance to buy KS Limited components for some time, mostly from us directly at conventions or from the BGG store.

Hope the above clears up everything about the Kickstarter and non-Kickstarter copies of the game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Lorphanpaibul
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As a backer, I am glad you guys are taking this route. Mistfall is my first kickstarter back and so far you guys really make me confident in backing up future project by your company.

I missed the expansion offered and I am curious when will those be available at retail. I confused the kickstarter campaign with the expansion campaign and thought they were the same.

Looking forward to getting my copy, hopefully in a few weeks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Carr
United States
Ruckersville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the replies
I am glad to hear the kS items will somehow be available. But mainly I am happy there will be a retail release as some games never get there even if it was the original intent.

Hopefully the bgg store. With kiddos I do not get to conventions. Thanks again all
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Mayes
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
Spin Termite
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
B Wumpus wrote:
Thanks for all the replies
I am glad to hear the kS items will somehow be available. But mainly I am happy there will be a retail release as some games never get there even if it was the original intent.

Hopefully the bgg store. With kiddos I do not get to conventions. Thanks again all

Ditto!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave S
United States
Pleasant Grove
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
irondeav wrote:
For all of you who missed the Kickstarter: yes, the game will be available in retail, however (and this is very important) not before backers receive their copies. That means we will not be selling Mistfall at GenCon, although there might be some copies available for reviewers.

And to quickly give you an overview of the differences between KS and retail version of Mistfall:

- Retail version comes with 385 cards, 7 Heroes, 4 Quests.
- Kickstarter version come with 440 cards, giving you 2 more Quests, more Enemies and anoher way to make the game more difficult.

Also, we do not make KS Exclusive stuff: all the things added to Mistfall are Kickstarter Limited. It means that backers receive them free with their copies of the game, and people who buy later still have a chance to buy KS Limited components for some time, mostly from us directly at conventions or from the BGG store.

Hope the above clears up everything about the Kickstarter and non-Kickstarter copies of the game

Thanks for clearing it up. As a backer, I fully(!!) support making KS limited items instead of exclusive. You made an awesome game, everyone should be able to enjoy all of it.

Sorry about the mis-information about GenCon I thought I had seen that there would be a few copies at GenCon, but indeed those were demo only copies, not for sale.

Now, when is that boat supposed to make it to N. America?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon
United States
Fremont
CA
flag msg tools
badge
For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst, and to provide for it.
mbmbmbmbmb
irondeav wrote:

Whoa. I think this is the first time I've seen a company not give it up for GenCon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DoubleH wrote:
irondeav wrote:

Whoa. I think this is the first time I've seen a company not give it up for GenCon.

As a backer, personally I'd rather they sold as many as they could at GenCon. It's a huge convention and a prime opportunity to expand the player base, which in turn bodes well for viability of future expansions. Having said that I know many people bristle at non-backers getting the game first, so kudos to them for holding copies back. Or maybe they just don't have enough copies to bring? Whatever the case, I'm happy that fellow backers are happy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B. G. Kubacki
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MentatYP wrote:
Or maybe they just don't have enough copies to bring? Whatever the case, I'm happy that fellow backers are happy.

The whole print run has already been produced, and if we wanted to, we could have had copies shipped to GenCon to sell. However, as much as your generous attitude is appreciated, we know that most of our backers (from those who did not yet receive their copies) would frown upon Mistfall being sold at GenCon. And with good reasons.

Plus, we gave our word that backers come first, and we will stick to it. And about expansions: no worries. With the reception Mistfall is getting now, we are practically certain that we will expand the game - to give you more content, to further write the story of the Mistfall universe, and to show that we can improve the quality of our products further.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon
United States
Fremont
CA
flag msg tools
badge
For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst, and to provide for it.
mbmbmbmbmb
irondeav wrote:
MentatYP wrote:
Or maybe they just don't have enough copies to bring? Whatever the case, I'm happy that fellow backers are happy.

The whole print run has already been produced, and if we wanted to, we could have had copies shipped to GenCon to sell.

And they have shipped out the copies to the Europeans, so it would technically not be selling before it got to (some) backers. Which makes it even more impressive in my book.

Edit: Fixed italics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B. G. Kubacki
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DoubleH wrote:
And they have shipped out the copies to the Europeans, so it would technically not be selling before it got to (some) backers. Which makes it even more impressive in my book.

Yes, but you see, that would probably leave the backers who got their copies after people were able to buy Mistfall at GenCon only technically liking us.

Still, thank you for the kind words!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Carr
United States
Ruckersville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I am glad there is so much interest... and glad for the responses( and quick responses) from B.G. Kubacki.

Looking forward to a retail release at the bare minimum....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Perry Clayton
United States
Hanceville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
antiquegamer wrote:
As a backer, I am glad you guys are taking this route.

As a non backer (I just found out about this game recently), I agree completely. Kickstarter backers ought to take priority.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florian Mohr
Germany
Leupoldsgrün
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any plans for Essen?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spoerner
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmb
There is a copy on Ebay.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.