15 Posts

BattleLore (Second Edition)» Forums » General

Subject: Gen Con Speculation rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
B. L.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Last year many were worried the game would not be supported and now we have three reinforcement packs, two army packs, and soon will have a full Undead army.

Do you expect them to announce anything else at Gencon? I am really surprised they didn't save the Undead announcement for Gencon but maybe they have something else to reveal.

Personally I would like to see another big box expansion with elves/dwarves. This combined with the other base set would make it possible to make official epic scenarios.

A campaign book for the full Uthuk/Daqan Armies would be awesome. They could easily make up a back story and use the scenario cards. Something similar to the campaign included in the base game just with a bit more pizzazz.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raviv Nagel
Israel
Haifa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am guessing they will announce the Elves, and probably expanding Command with the two new factions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Doubt it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zoran
United Kingdom
London
Middlesex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Waiqar haven't hit the shops yet, perhaps they don't want to detract from the build-up to its release by announcing the elves. Maybe we'll get a couple of neutrals?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zoran
United Kingdom
London
Middlesex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
... or a heroes expansion!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Santi Velasco
Spain
Mairena del Aljarafe
Seville
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zemus wrote:

The BL1 heroes expansion was totally half-baked. I think the proper way of doing it with BL2 would be making the heroes part of a campaign expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zoran
United Kingdom
London
Middlesex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
srcabeza wrote:
zemus wrote:

The BL1 heroes expansion was totally half-baked. I think the proper way of doing it with BL2 would be making the heroes part of a campaign expansion.

Hmm, yes, also the neutrals would be competing with them in a straight draft.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hubbard
United States
Mullica Hill
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'd be happy with a fairly generic heroes/leader type expansion. Maybe different types of leaders you attach to a unit Command and Colors style. Give each some ability that triggers when the attached unit rolls Heroic results or maybe some passive ability...

Wizard - Fireball, Heroic: Cause 1 damage to the target or a unit adjacent to the target.
Ranger - Unit ignores terrain movement restrictions and negative terrain combat restrictions (still benefits from positive terrain combat restrictions).

Stuff like that. Maybe award "temporary" VP if the enemy captures a leader and so on. I don't really care about "leveling" heroes or having them equip items and such. Just an assortment of guys who can modify a unit they're attached to in various ways for a few muster points. If they really got into it I could see different heroes for each faction rather than "neutral" heroes.

Having said all that, with everything that's been released this year I'll consider any new news as a rare treat but don't really expect it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Speare
United States
Bedford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
tee hee, that tickles!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
If there's no announcement then no big deal, they certainly have enough coming out. Elves would be great though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Ridley Park
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like some type of 4 player rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett
United States
Laredo
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm betting on a review of how BattleLore: Second Edition has done, followed by upcoming DLC for BattleLore: Command. After that, they'll probably say something along the lines of "We're not even close to being done with BattleLore: Second Edition, so keep checking our websites in the coming months for some exciting news." And when he says that, I will say, "It's probably the Latari Elves," and I'll be super excited.

I agree that it's probably too soon for a Latari Elves expansion to be announced.

Regarding heroes, I think that could be fun. I imagine they will be less like Runewars/Runebound/Descent heroes and more like the legend units from BattleLore: Command like Baron Fredrick, Malaana, and Ravos the Everhungry. Though I am sort of doubting those units will make it into the board game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Santi Velasco
Spain
Mairena del Aljarafe
Seville
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Budgernaut wrote:
Regarding heroes, I think that could be fun. I imagine they will be less like Runewars/Runebound/Descent heroes and more like the legend units from BattleLore: Command like Baron Fredrick, Malaana, and Ravos the Everhungry. Though I am sort of doubting those units will make it into the board game.

How do those hero units work in the video game? would they be transferable to BL?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So far I love Battlelore the 2nd edition, no funky units.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Purple Octopus
msg tools
grahamj wrote:
So far I love Battlelore the 2nd edition, no funky units.

I dunno, I regularly command a giant beetle and a pack of women who projectile vomit blood as a weapon.

I'd say the units are plenty funky.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ultros64 wrote:
I regularly command a giant beetle and a pack of women who projectile vomit blood as a weapon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.