Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
"Where are you from?" "Long story. The Pacific Ocean, I guess."
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can Gimli have a Dwarven Axe and a Blade of Gondolin along with 2 Citadel Plate? I'm going to guess it's fine for him to have 2 weapons but not fine to have two sets of plate mail. But I see nothing in the rules preventing this weird scenario (and it would allow him to fell trolls all too easily in the Hobbit saga scenario We Must Away Ere Break of Day).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
No restrictions, except for Uniqueness and the Restricted keyword.
(I personally consider 2 Citadel Plates to be left and right Warcraft-like shoulder pad)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kārlis Jēriņš
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
I'm a sheep.
badge
A lovely, fluffy sheep.
mbmbmbmbmb
If I remember correctly, all four attachments you named have the restricted keyword, which means you can only have up to two of them attached to the same character at the same time. Any two work, though, including two copies of the same attachment, since none of them are unique and none says "limit 1 per character".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Nicol
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Citadel Plate, Dwarven Axe and Blade of Gondolin are all Restricted attachments, so Gimli can have any 2 of them attached at the same time. To attach a third he would have to remove one of them.

<rant>Thematically I agree that it is a bit weird to have two sets of plate attached, but Citadel Plate is totally unthematic anyway. Who ever heard of armour that can kill you when you remove it? That's the case with Citadel Plate, since when it is removed Gimli is reduced to 5 hit points again but any wounds he suffered while wearing the armour remain, and in most cases he will instantly die. And shouldn't armour boost defence, not hit points?</rant>

Edit: I meant to say 5 hit points
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P Santos
United States
LAS VEGAS
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmb
jnicol wrote:

<rant>Thematically I agree that it is a bit weird to have two sets of plate attached, but Citadel Plate is totally unthematic anyway. Who ever heard of armour that can kill you when you remove it? That's the case with Citadel Plate, since when it is removed Gimli is reduced to 4 hit points again but any wounds he suffered while wearing the armour remain, and in most cases he will instantly die. And shouldn't armour boost defence, not hit points?</rant>

If you were to put it 'thematically', I suppose then that it's also unthematic to have those wounds on the Citadel Plate healed by a healing effect?

Also, though rules don't mention it, I think it will be nice limitation that a character can only have 2 restricted attachments and none of those 2 could be the same. So, no double Citadel Plate, or double Dwarven axe or blade of Gondolin (maybe because they are 2-handed weapons?).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Nicol
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
ppsantos wrote:
If you were to put it 'thematically', I suppose then that it's also unthematic to have those wounds on the Citadel Plate healed by a healing effect?

Indeed! Fortunately I am not a thematic player, so I will happily slap 2 sets of Citadel Plate on Gimli, and heal any unwanted wounds sustained by my unusual armour.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Banks
United Kingdom
Sheffield
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like following the spirit of the theme as well as the rules so not putting two sets of armour on one character. But then again, I lose a lot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Cook
United States
Denton
Texas
flag msg tools
*beep*
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In We Must Away Ere Break of Day I wouldn't worry about 2 citadel plates on Gimli being overpowered. You are very likely to be murdered by trolls before you can accumulate the 8 tactics resources required to set that up
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anatole
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just consider the second copy of a card to be the upgrade card for the first copy and then the theme doesn't suffer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.