Robin Chaddock
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From a superficial viewing of the rules, I can't see why it wouldn't play perfectly fine for 3 (or more) players?

Would you just need a bigger dungeon deck to compensate?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laboratory
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmb
Hi Robin! While technically it would work, the main issue with adding more players is that the dungeon becomes way too random and it's impossible to plan ahead. So for now 100 Swords supports 1-2 Players. If the game continues to do well and is well received we're interested in developing a 4 Player expansion in the future!

- Sam @ Laboratory
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Koskey
United States
Kahului
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are several ways in which I plan to "house rule" the games with more than 2 players. This is all in theory and I am not sure it will work....lol... BUT I Share it here for what it is worth.

If it is an even number beyond 2 (say....4 or 6 players) is to use both decks. With each dungeon deck taking a maximum of 3 players each. This changes the game almost entirely but should still work. There will be teams which is why having an even number of players is important here. Each team will send 1 player from there team in each of the 2 dungeons. With a maximum of 3 teams of 2 or 2 teams of 3....not sure which would work best here. Each team is trying to NOT only be the first to reach the dragon aND defeat him but also collect the most points before both dragons from both dungeons are defeated or everyone in the dungeon or dungeons are defeated.

This same idea can be played cooperative with each team (max of 3 plyrs in each team/dungeon)going into a single dungeon trying to collect the most points collectively and defeat the dragon first. They are playing against the other team in the other dungen. Again this changes the game completely but should work to get the game to the table more often on game nights and not just a filler or quick play.

Perhaps neither of these will work in reality.... just sharing a thought.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Lewis
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Try this for a multi player. Was on the Laboratory FB page

So my friends really like 100 Swords. We've been playing a lot of it. Came up with a fun variant for 3-4 players (since I have 4 starting decks) where we build a big dungeon (duh), lay out all 6 rentals (options!), and then add a second dungeon entrance. Attached is a crappy diagram of what I'm talking about. On each player's turn that player chooses which entrance to use. With more cards on the board at a time and more options about which way to go and which rental items to take, we haven't had any problems with the dungeon changing too much between a player's turns. You can still definitely set stuff up, and most importantly it's fun!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153904978393659&se...

Definitely works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.