Todd Rewoldt
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The end of the turn is usually when cards are drawn - if one draws Capable Tactician at the end of ones turn, can it immediately be exchanged for another card? Or is Capable Tactician to be played just before drawing cards?

Capable Tactician wrote:
At the end of your turn, discard this card and draw one Tactician card from the discard pile of your choice. The card selected may not be played this turn.

Tactician Cards FAQ wrote:

NOTE: A player may look through the Tactician card discard pile prior to playing the “Capable Tactician” card to see what Tactician cards are available. When an Elan card was played, the card decks are reshuffled before the player draws cards. Drawing cards ends a player’s turn.

Q: If i read it correct, it makes no sense, to play this card after a Elan was played, because then are no left cards into the Tactician discard pile, before i make any choice?

A: You read the note correct. I guess we could of stated “When an Elan card was played, the card decks are shuffled before the player draws cards. Because after shuffling, there are no Tactician cards in the discard pile, a Capable Tactician card will have no cards in the discard pile.
(Richard Borg: 2015 - May - 26)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dippel
Germany
Rheinhausen
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
I am from Bavaria
badge
King Ludwig II of Bavaria
mbmbmbmb
Quote:
The end of the turn is usually when cards are drawn - if one draws Capable Tactician at the end of ones turn, can it immediately be exchanged for another card? Or is Capable Tactician to be played just before drawing cards?

All TC´s must be already in hand at turn start, to allow their playing
so it´s not possible, to use a Capable Tactician immediately, if you draw it at your turn end, to exchange it with another TC card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Rewoldt
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bayernkini wrote:

All TC´s must be already in hand at turn start, to allow their playing

I'll probably get a lot of these questions answered when I have my own copy of the expansion - but is that in the rules? Not doubting what you are stating in anyway, but I'm only going off of what's on ccnapoleonics.net at this point, and didn't see that. Would clear up a lot of the "end of the turn" timing stuff that could arise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dippel
Germany
Rheinhausen
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
I am from Bavaria
badge
King Ludwig II of Bavaria
mbmbmbmb
Todd, the "note" i added to the FAQ is the designer intention with it
which i checked during clarifying some TC and exp.5 rules

You are right, the complete handling of the TC is a little bit unlucky described but you must see the complete rules including the base rules
(phases) alltogether.

Base rules: Sequence of play - 5: Draw phase
This phase ends the active players turn.
All actions (playing cards, order, move and battle) must he do before in one of the ohters phases.
So he must use also the TC in such a phase, examples:
- in the movement phase - to expand a units movement range
- in the battle phase - to increase a units battle dice

The phase 5 with replenish the command and tactician cards ends the players phase, so he can not play again a card, which he would draw in this phase.

And therefore it´s also not allowed to replenish a TC card immediately,
you can do it only in this "end" phase.

And therefore there is also a note
"Drawing cards ends a player’s turn."
at the Capable Tactician cards section (which is in also in the rulebook)

http://www.ccnapoleonics.net/Rules/Tactician-Cards/capable-t...

So far we thought, this would be clear enough, but it wasn´t and the new
FAQ note makes it now more clear (my hope)

By implication you must have the TC already at your turn start, to play it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.