Vince G.
United States
Reynoldsburg
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Basically, I'm looking for replacement cards for Diamonds, as my wife finds the game card design hideous and doesn't want to play it.

So, I need 15 cards (ideally numbered 1-15) in four "suits" (suits, shapes, or colors).

Can anyone think of a cheap card game that would have cards I can use?

Rook almost does it, but a Rook deck has 4 suits numbered 1-14.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I fight lost wars, see light, fear sight
badge
I open my mind, need flesh, fear mine
mbmbmbmbmb
Rage
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Hagenauer jr.
Germany
Surheim
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rage has what you need and more. 6 suits numbered from 0-15.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rage has 6 suits of 1-15.

Or get two identical desks of playing cards and mark two cards from each suit and add them to the other deck (though it'd be difficult to make that look nice).

Beaten to it :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I fight lost wars, see light, fear sight
badge
I open my mind, need flesh, fear mine
mbmbmbmbmb
or Sticheln

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
England
flag msg tools
badge
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars, where you will be forced to drift aimlessly farther into the vast, empty abyss of space until a lack of food, water and oxygen causes you to succumb to Death's cold embrace.
mbmbmbmbmb
the game works just fine with a standard 52 card deck. They only added cards to justify charging you proper money for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Starlost151 wrote:
my wife finds the game card design hideous and doesn't want to play it.

It can't be that bad can it? Checks...

Oh! I agree with your wife!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Clubs from North Star Games has all 4 main suits (hearts, diamonds, spades, and clubs) numbered 1-15. Since the game is called Clubs, the club cards are colored differently from the others, but it will work fine to use them for Diamonds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
England
flag msg tools
badge
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars, where you will be forced to drift aimlessly farther into the vast, empty abyss of space until a lack of food, water and oxygen causes you to succumb to Death's cold embrace.
mbmbmbmbmb
zabdiel wrote:
Starlost151 wrote:
my wife finds the game card design hideous and doesn't want to play it.

It can't be that bad can it? Checks...

Oh! I agree with your wife!
Holy hell, I presumed I'd seen them before! yuck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Heidenreich
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
MilwaukeeTEG
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I dunno, I like the cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince G.
United States
Reynoldsburg
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DoomTurtle wrote:
Clubs from North Star Games has all 4 main suits (hearts, diamonds, spades, and clubs) numbered 1-15. Since the game is called Clubs, the club cards are colored differently from the others, but it will work fine to use them for Diamonds.

Really? Huh. I could get 2 games out of the same deck! Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince G.
United States
Reynoldsburg
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I never heard of this game (Rage). I will look around for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Go
United States
New York
NY
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
If you're having hull problems I feel bad for you son, I've got 99 problems but a breach ain't one.
badge
TauLeaderGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
You should try your hand at making a custom deck. There are a lot of games you can play with that style of cards. If you did 1-15 in six suits, you could play Battle Line after removing the 11-15s.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Thur
Germany
Weitersburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How about Wizard?

The suits have only numbers from 1-13, a wizard (highest card, marked Z) and a jester (lowest card, marked N), but the images are quite nice. Oh, and the game might be difficult to find in the US.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
river tam
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tomcat1304 wrote:
How about Wizard?

The suits have only numbers from 1-13, a wizard (highest card, marked Z) and a jester (lowest card, marked N), but the images are quite nice. Oh, and the game might be difficult to find in the US.

wizard is $4 on amazon in the us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Case
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Starlost151 wrote:
I never heard of this game (Rage). I will look around for it.

Rage is perhaps the best "toolbox deck" available -- there are even geeklists featuring games that can be played with a Rage deck:

Games playable with Rage deck (not the CCG) - please add!

Every gamer who likes card games needs to have a Rage deck around, and it's not an unusual thrift find -- just be glad that the huge eBay Rage Rush of recent years has abated and you don't have to pay through the nose to get a copy!

PS edit: I used Rage decks to make personal copies of both Schotten Totten and Balloon Cup.

cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not sure how available it is these days, but David & Goliath has suits going from 1-18

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Van Willis
United States
Kaysville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Late to the party here but for others that are interested you could also look at a solution like this one at The Game Crafter.

60 cards 2-12 plus Jack, Queen, King, Ace in the 4 traditional playing card suits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince G.
United States
Reynoldsburg
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vantastic wrote:
Late to the party here but for others that are interested you could also look at a solution like this one at The Game Crafter.

60 cards 2-12 plus Jack, Queen, King, Ace in the 4 traditional playing card suits.

At BGG, subscriptions last forever, so I saw your post! Thanks for the tip, it looks interesting.

I did acquire a Rage deck, but also picked up Clubs. Both Clubs and Diamond fit in the same box so I can keep them together and can use either deck for either game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.