Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carl Chamberlain
England
Crawley
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mb
I can't find any answer to what the symbols are on the craft markers in Stronghold edition. I'm assuming it's for knowing when they have been flipped.appreciate your help in this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Shillinglaw
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
This is what I play.
badge
Vegatable Alien is perlexed by slab of meat.
mbmbmbmbmb
The little lightening bolt symbol means you get that bonus as soon as you acquire the marker. Then, when you flip it over at the end of the round, the infinity symbol means you get the new bonus for the rest of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Chamberlain
England
Crawley
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for that. I must have missed it in the rules. Assuming you can only use it once per round though?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Dagger
United Kingdom
Aberdeen
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Magicarl3974 wrote:
Thanks for that. I must have missed it in the rules. Assuming you can only use it once per round though?

Yes. It's not as clearly spelled out as it could be, but if you turn to page 16 of the rule book and look at the bottom paragraph of column one and the immediately following paragraph in column two, you'll find what you were looking for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Tymoshyshyn
England
Liskeard
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These icons are a great improvement over the 1st edition which had no icons just a slightly darker colour on one side, which wasn't very clear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ode.
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Magicarl3974 wrote:
Assuming you can only use it once per round though?

The Village Store and the Butcher may be used multiple times after they are flipped.

End of story... ;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Barnett
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bayerbube wrote:
Magicarl3974 wrote:

This is a point that is quite difficult. The Spielworxx-rules say so. The stronghold rules say so. But I always wanted it to be different. That's why the new german version is different.

I recommend you play by the rules you have. But if you want you can play my rule as a house rule: The Village Store and the Butcher may be used multiple times after they are flipped. This is the official version for the german rules from PD Verlag.

Gosh, it never occurred to me that you couldn't use these two benefits (I assume we are talking about the 2VP each time you get a craft marker and +1VP for completing barrows) each time you meet the condition....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat Connolly
United States
Zephyrhills
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bayerbube wrote:
Magicarl3974 wrote:

This is a point that is quite difficult. The Spielworxx-rules say so. The stronghold rules say so. But I always wanted it to be different. That's why the new german version is different.

I recommend you play by the rules you have. But if you want you can play my rule as a house rule: The Village Store and the Butcher may be used multiple times after they are flipped. This is the official version for the german rules from PD Verlag.

No need to 'house rule' this - that's exactly what the rules say in the version I just bought. "The following two markers provide extra victory points for their owner every time their respective condition is fulfilled (starting in the next round)", (emphasis mine) referring to the Village Store and Butcher.

This makes sense since the other craft markers give you their benefits every turn, but Village Store and Butcher only give you their benefits if you accomplish something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ode.
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, yes! I'll be damned! I am so sorry! I am so much into the PD Verlags version which has a different structure, that I overread it. I'll edit my post from above...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.