Popular Tags: [View All]
Eddie Meister
United States
Peoria
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the old school 3rd edition and have never played any of the expansions. I am finally willing to break down and get one. But I'd have to try and find one on ebay or in the marketplace because it'd have to be the older 3rd edition. Which expansion would you recommend?

Poll
Which expansion should I get?
Seafarers
Traders & Barbarians
Cities & Knights
      41 answers
Poll created by vidbot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
But I don’t want to go among mad people
badge
Oh, you can’t help that, we’re all mad here.
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you want more of the same (like Seafarers) or a fundamental different game (Cities and Knights)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Commander Crud
msg tools
mbmbmb
I would have voted for both Seafarers and Cities & Knights if the poll would have let me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hannah
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The nice thing about Cities and Knights is that it balances with the original game really well, without adding a lot of extra components (mostly all those extra hexes). You have a lot of added strategy options to wind your way to victory.

Traders and Barbarians is great in that it adds a lot of playable scenarios as well as options to add into the game whenever you want - we always play with the harbormaster, but we'll often add in the fish and/or the river for fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Oliver
United Kingdom
Cheltenham
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
No mention of Explorers & Pirates?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.