Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
mbmbmbmbmb
One more video, this one stepping through the Firefight Generation process: Picking a Fight With a Bear - Conflict of Heroes - Firefight Generator Runthrough

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Click
United States
Bristol
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Nothing to see here
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank, ummm, you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Crowley
United Kingdom
Arundel
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for this Kevin.

This is a great way to get an idea as to how the two new expansions work, both in isolation and together. Especially for those of us, in the UK, who are not likely to see this until the beginning of September at the earliest.

Now that you have had some time to examine them in some detail, can you confirm if Group Actions and/or Loading & Transporting are catered for in any way?

Also are the Wrecks and/or Monster Tanks expansions useable with both or either?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
mbmbmbmbmb
jimcrowley wrote:
Thanks for this Kevin.

This is a great way to get an idea as to how the two new expansions work, both in isolation and together. Especially for those of us, in the UK, who are not likely to see this until the beginning of September at the earliest.

Now that you have had some time to examine them in some detail, can you confirm if Group Actions and/or Loading & Transporting are catered for in any way?

Also are the Wrecks and/or Monster Tanks expansions useable with both or either?

Group actions are definitely included, both for the player and the AI as are hidden unit rules (spend 7 APs to hide, but you're gonna be spent afterwards)... however, the AI never hides. I don't recall seeing group fire orders and only in one scenario so far have I had groups larger than "1" unit -- the rules say a group can be one for purposes of executing the order.

There is nothing to exclude the player doing transportation of units, though I've not yet tried it and unless it's in a scenario special rules, I've not seen it implemented by the AI.

Funny, the Tank Hunters unit (#25) is used in the game and the say it came from Monster Tanks, but it was actually part of the base game. Given the number of the unit as well as it not being listed on my sheet from Monster Tanks of the units included.

They state that some of those units are in the game, but they would be as special units in the solo scenario, not part of the FFG. TBH, I've not read through all the scenarios yet as I don't want spoilers for the campaigns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.