United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The text of Find Cure is
Quote:
DURING
Whenever Fatigue tokens are drawn, draw an additional one.

That seems fairly clear how that works, as I believe that "Draw" is mainly used to mean Draw and place on the board. So I believe that the intent is that whenever you place a fatigue token during the Find Cure event, you also place an additional one.

However, this came up in a game the other day. An infected player revealed during the Find Cure final event. Their infection power was to "Draw" 2 FATIGUE tokens and choose 1 to place on the board.

When this is coupled with the Find Cure event what should happen?

1) Draw an additional one, so draw 3 tokens and place one, then roll the dice if you get positive, draw another 3 and place one. That means that it is possible to place 2 tokens when you reveal.
OR
2) Draw 2 and place one, then draw the additional 1 from the event and place it. Then roll positive and do that again, to place a possible 4 tokens when you reveal.

We ruled, the 2nd example, as I believe that the intent of the Find Cure event is to make you place an additional fatigue token each time you draw them. However, I would appreciate your thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Newsham
United Kingdom
Halifax
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We did (2) when playing with the Final Event + Infected that do the same thing to the outpost. It seems clear that the intent of that final event is to double up damage.

If the correct rule was (1), then that Final Event would actually make things easier for the uninfected (they get to draw two and place the least bad).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Derrick
United States
Franklin
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HairyDogWalker wrote:

2) Draw 2 and place one, then draw the additional 1 from the event and place it. Then roll positive and do that again, to place a possible 4 tokens when you reveal.

You guys played it right, that's how you would do it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Taylor
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick responses. It's a great game, which seems to get better each time I play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.