Mitchell Lurcook
United States
Kingsport
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is that card as op as it seems?

I get to roll it, it's a lamp, I then pull my blue Dragon off roll it, it's a creature, I put it I the use pile and get it for free? This shit keeps happening every time I pull it and roll a lap. On top of that if it's not a lamp, I chose to roll it again.

This card seems really op given it's a common lesser

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You can't handle the truth?
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WolfVonhinslik wrote:
Is that card as op as it seems?

I get to roll it, it's a lamp, I then pull my blue Dragon off roll it, it's a creature, I put it I the use pile and get it for free? This shit keeps happening every time I pull it and roll a lap. On top of that if it's not a lamp, I chose to roll it again.

This card seems really op given it's a common lesser
Sounds like you understand it. No, it's not Over Powered though.

It costs 6.

Plus, rolling a lamp on your turn is about 75%, and then you have to roll the non-energy side of the die you pick, which would be 50%, so you really have a

75% x 50% = 37.5% chance of getting your extra character for free, each time you draw your wish spell.

Paying 6 to purchase wish, only to have it work only 37.5% of the time isn't too strong in practice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Drog
United States
Jacksonville Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ha. I pulled the LLW in my last game 4 times. The 3 times I got the lamp, I couldnt roll a creature face on my red dragon. So odds are not in my favor
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathew Gibson
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
The spell is just way, way too slow and unreliable. Anything that costs 6 needs to either have a decent global or have a cheaper way of getting it out.

The only attractive quality of limited wish is the idea that you could get out an expensive die into your bag for zero cost (or what seems like zero). But this means that two of your five cards are expensive (the wish and the thing you are wishing for). Most winning strategies are built on less expensive cards and combos, rather than on waiting to roll up six mana, then waiting for Limited Wish to be drawn from the bag, then hoping to get the lamp and the creature face. You'll be dead by then.

I'd rather be playing with a Ooze or Paladin than Limited Wish, it's that bad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E S
msg tools
Quote:
The spell is just way, way too slow and unreliable. Anything that costs 6 needs to either have a decent global or have a cheaper way of getting it out.

The cheap way to get out high cost characters and spells in D&D is Charm. Buy one die on round 1 or 2, and you can usually get a 6-cost thing out on round 3 or 4. Buy two Charm dice (one each round), and it may be almost guaranteed. I recommend the Red Dragon for its global if you're using Charm. It may not allow you to buy anything extra for the leftover die, but it lets you ping your opponent for 1 damage each round you set yourself up.

The other way to generate huge energy on a regular basis is to buy swarm characters, field ONE of them, and keep the others circulating as energy. Reroll these dice when you get characters; you want to keep them in your used and dice bag. Buy 4 swarm dice fast and get one fielded for the effect, and from that point on you will regularly get 5-6 dice of energy to play during the entire midgame.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Berger
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Use Elf Wizard[legendary Harper] Red Dragon[Epic Dragon] and Limited Wish[lesser spell]. Buy Elf Wizard and field ASAP, use Red Dragons global and these combined lower the cost of limited wish to 2 energy and do one damage to your opponent. I've used this strategy a few times with success.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
danny marr
msg tools
just kinda of curious what happens if you roll the energy side of the character or action does it go back to the card or or do they stay out there where you can use the energy its not precise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul K.
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jesterruller4u wrote:
just kinda of curious what happens if you roll the energy side of the character or action does it go back to the card or or do they stay out there where you can use the energy its not precise.

Back to the card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.