Popular Tags: [View All]
James
United Kingdom
Sheffield
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Has anyone got any experiences/opinions of the use of the optional counters, either as described in the C3i optional rules booklet or in a different, "home-made" configuration?

Any goodies to go for or baddies to avoid?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark S.
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmb
We all dream of Italian submarines,
Italian submarines,
Italian submarines...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salvatore Vasta
United States
Woodstock
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I can say that if you play with Area Seized Conflict, the Finnish War does not play out historically during the winter months. That is, it is even harder on the Russians. The terrain and DRM are very hard for the early Russian army to overcome. So if you play with ASC, don't pick Finland during the winter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enrico Catanzaro
Italy
Palermo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to see a way to link someway the access to optional counters and extra benefits to the control/conquest (or lack of it) of territory.
It's an indirect way to reward major powers "materially" for seizing the minors, since in US minors do not provide directly money/resources or any economic gain for who attack/control them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Haggett
United States
Riverside
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure that minors should give a benefit in this system. There were some minors that had vital resources that the Axis especially needed, but the major use of minor nations by Germany seems to eventually have been as a forced and slave labor pool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.