Fred Schachter
United States
Matthews
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Greetings,

Regretably, its been a while since the last BGG post for this most recent GMT P-500 effort with my designer and pal Mark McLaughlin.

Sales have been increasing at a seemingly glacial rate... but help is on the way in the form of GMT planning to provide professional graphics resources this Fall which should, Mark and I hope, result in a nicer-looking map.

We're also working on an "Introductory Game" which provides "newbies" the opportunity to learn the game without several of its more involved game mechanisms (should help Eurogamers get into the game) before transitioning to the regular game as fully designed.

Additionally, the "Charlotte Garrison" play test group this past weekend play-tested a new two turn, that is two year: 1944 & 1945, "Opergation Overlord" set-up for the Hitler's Reich game. Two experienced Grognard Gamers, playing for the first time, were able to swiftly learn the game's mechanics and complete play in under two hours. They also had a grand fun time and noted that now that they were gaining familiarity with the rules and cards, the next game would play much more quickly (which warmed the cockles of my game developer heart).

Consequently, new professional looking game art, map in particular, should spur folks interest in the game, as was our experience with Rebel Raiders on the High Seas. When that's ready, the current version of the rules could be considered for posting on the game's GMT site.

I will also be attending the Dragon Flight convention in the Seattle area next weekend and look forward to teaching/demonstrating the game to anyone interested.

Thanks for your interest in Hitler's Reich: A Card Conquest System Game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat Nelson
United States
pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Re: Hitlezr's Reich Game Latest Developments and Demos at Dragon Flight Convention
Were you at GenCon this year with the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Schachter
United States
Matthews
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Hello Pat,

No, I was not at GenCon... it's been decades since I last attended that convention (with many happy memories I might add).

The next conventions I plan attending will be GMT West in October followed by Bottoscon.

Today at Dragon Flight, I got to play or observe several of the new "Overlord" Game Start playings of the game, all after teaching newbies the basic mechanics in about 15 minutes... nice to have veteran gamers when it comes to that.

Lots of thrills, die rolling luck (my "Schwerpunckt" will triumph on anything but a one... arghhhh!!!!!), and fun.

Hope to see and teach the game to more folks at future events.

Thanks for your interest!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat Nelson
United States
pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Looks like a very good game, I hope you continue to get more press, and people see your game. Too bad I am not near any of your events. Continued success.....I hope soon to print!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat Nelson
United States
pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Need just over 50 more pledges on P500. Looking forward to seeing this getting printed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.