Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
1) When you upgrade HQ it has 2 dice for buys. Manager says pay 1 fewer (2 fewer when upgraded) when you buy.
If I assign 2 dice to the 2 action spaces on my upgraded HQ, does the manager's discount go towards both of my buys? ie: can that card be used more than once per turn?

2) Curator - same idea as above. If I sell twice, does his ability apply for both sales or just one of them?

3) Archaeologist - says +1 per museums majority.
Is that at the moment you buy the card do a museums majority check? or do you just factor that into the game end scoring?

4) All cards that say +reputation for adjacent X - do they apply retroactively as well? ie: If I have a B card and then place the Flying Boat (adjacent B cards are worth +1 reputation) adjacent to it, do I still get the +1 reputation point? or is it just for future B cards that are placed adjacent to the Flying Boat?

Thank you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dear Geek: Please insert the wittiest comment you can think of in this text pop-up. Then times it by seven.
badge
The Coat of Arms of Clan Montgomery - Scotland. Yes, that's a woman with the head of a savage in her hand, and an anchor. No clue what it means, but it's cool.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been playing:

1. Yes, unlimited use.

2. Yes, unlimited use.

3. At the end of the game, not immediately. Designer confirmed this in another thread.

4. Add reputation to the track for old cards with adjacency bonuses, too.

I am sure Ryan will be along to tell me I've been doing it wrong. If so, I will edit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Gabbert
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FWIW, I agree with all four of cmontgo2's calls.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I'll go with those answers until we hear anything different from Ryan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's another

5) Curator - gives you 1 dollar extra when you make a sale.
Does that include the Private Collector?

I'm assuming it does but just wanted to make sure it wasn't the museums only
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dear Geek: Please insert the wittiest comment you can think of in this text pop-up. Then times it by seven.
badge
The Coat of Arms of Clan Montgomery - Scotland. Yes, that's a woman with the head of a savage in her hand, and an anchor. No clue what it means, but it's cool.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been interpreting the card text literally. So unless there is a specific restriction on the card, the cards power is what it says. In this case, the curator can be used ina private sell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty McFly
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cmontgo2 wrote:
I've been interpreting the card text literally. So unless there is a specific restriction on the card, the cards power is what it says. In this case, the curator can be used ina private sell.

This is how we have been playing as well. Thematically, the Curator has a deeper knowledge about your Artifacts and can give you a better sales pitch no matter who is buying.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Laukat
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
belial1134 wrote:
1) When you upgrade HQ it has 2 dice for buys. Manager says pay 1 fewer (2 fewer when upgraded) when you buy.
If I assign 2 dice to the 2 action spaces on my upgraded HQ, does the manager's discount go towards both of my buys? ie: can that card be used more than once per turn?

2) Curator - same idea as above. If I sell twice, does his ability apply for both sales or just one of them?

3) Archaeologist - says +1 per museums majority.
Is that at the moment you buy the card do a museums majority check? or do you just factor that into the game end scoring?

4) All cards that say +reputation for adjacent X - do they apply retroactively as well? ie: If I have a B card and then place the Flying Boat (adjacent B cards are worth +1 reputation) adjacent to it, do I still get the +1 reputation point? or is it just for future B cards that are placed adjacent to the Flying Boat?

Thank you

1) Yes.

2) Yes, and to private collectors.

3) Factor into end-game scoring.

4) Adjacent bonuses apply throughout the game, regardless of when they are placed (even if they were placed before the "Flying Boat" was placed for example).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Shafer
msg tools
can cards like digger team and truck be used at any time during your turn? say I roll 1,1,2,3 and want to use my 1 first to get dino bones, then use truck to reroll?

What if I have that same role (1,1,2,3) can I use the 2 to buy truck, then use truck to reroll the remaining dice?

Also, when you upgrade them, if you've already used them can you then use the 2nd iteration of its ability after upgrading? for instance I roll a 1,3,4,6 and use digger team to make the 1 a 2, then use the 2 to upgrade digger team. Can I then use digger team again to upgrade, say the 4 to a 5, in order to make a gem?

Other than that and whats been mentioned and answered in this thread, the rules seem very solid. Really enjoyed my first play through of this game, and can't wait to try it out with four players soon!

edit: just read that truck only rerolls 1 die (2 if upgraded, or 1 twice) but the question still remains about the same. let me rephrase it this way, if I reroll a 1 and use that die to upgrade truck, can I then reroll another die?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
masonsd86 wrote:
can cards like digger team and truck be used at any time during your turn? say I roll 1,1,2,3 and want to use my 1 first to get dino bones, then use truck to reroll?

What if I have that same role (1,1,2,3) can I use the 2 to buy truck, then use truck to reroll the remaining dice?

Also, when you upgrade them, if you've already used them can you then use the 2nd iteration of its ability after upgrading? for instance I roll a 1,3,4,6 and use digger team to make the 1 a 2, then use the 2 to upgrade digger team. Can I then use digger team again to upgrade, say the 4 to a 5, in order to make a gem?

Other than that and whats been mentioned and answered in this thread, the rules seem very solid. Really enjoyed my first play through of this game, and can't wait to try it out with four players soon!

edit: just read that truck only rerolls 1 die (2 if upgraded, or 1 twice) but the question still remains about the same. let me rephrase it this way, if I reroll a 1 and use that die to upgrade truck, can I then reroll another die?

When you upgrade a card, any dice on the card get placed back on the upgraded side.
I don't recall if the truck had 1 action space or two on the upgraded side without looking at my copy but if lvl 2 only has 1 die picture and you used it prior to upgrading, then you can't use that ability until your next turn.
If it has 2 dice pictured, then you could as action spaces are available immediately after purchase/upgrade.
Dice gained are available at the start of your next turn

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Shafer
msg tools
The truck and digger cards do not have dice action spaces, which is why I'm not sure how to rule this appropriately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty McFly
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The designer confirmed here that Truck can be used at any time during your turn. I'd assume that Digging Team has the same ruling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
masonsd86 wrote:
The truck and digger cards do not have dice action spaces, which is why I'm not sure how to rule this appropriately.

Ah, sorry. That's what I get for not looking at the cards again

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Laukat
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
masonsd86 wrote:

Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.