Jeff Lum
United States
Castro Valley
California
flag msg tools
Just recently stumbled over this little gem of a game and am getting up to speed with it. I got this expansion mainly because I was looking for more variety in the location cards. I'm not disappointed! I was also impressed with the new elite tyranids abilities.

I would prefer to keep the gameplay simple and streamlined by not adding the elites to the genestealer blip piles. However now that I see how cool they are, I'm wondering if I could instead incorporate them into their own custom Hive Lord location cards. I don't think I know the game well enough yet to try and come up with a balanced idea myself, so suggestions?

I suppose a lazy way to do this would be to substitute elites for the Brood Lords in the (green) Genestealer Lair location #4 card. Brood Lords appear to be more of a threat than the elites however, so maybe spawing 4 of the same type of elites (2 for each spawn location) would be fair?

Whatcha think?

Jeff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Lum
United States
Castro Valley
California
flag msg tools
I'm going to go back on what I said about the Hive Lord location cards. I think the Trygon location is broken! See link here: Trygon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.