Subject: Battalions not destroyed rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jean SOL
France
BELBERAUD
flag msg tools
Hi,
First, my apologize for my english from France... i hope it will be understood for the main.
When an enemy battalion is not destroyed nor reduced (at 1/2 strength) and i have to attack it again during the next week, does it return with all of his initial forces or only with residual forces after the first battle (between 50% and 100%)???
Thanks for your response...
PS : i read many critics about DVG on this game, but i would tell that this game is about the best i played among board solitaries (much better than Apache Leader, for example, whose rules are very similars but less various in situations). Yes, it's necessary to adapt a few parameters but it's not so dramatic.
I would tell also that it's dangerous to modify rules (for example after considerations about comparative efficiency of different guns during the WWII). Yes, the parameters will be more realistics, but don't forget that a game is a whole and if you modify a number of rules, what about the rest of ?? For example what about the scale of results (adequate, good, etc) which would become unrealistic ??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jimmy jo jim Bob
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
rotting rubbish heap of a world
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure you can only assign one set of leaders + units to fight a battalion in any given week. These leader + unit assignments are made at the beginning of the week (I think after the event for the week is drawn).

My question to you is why not attack with both forces combined in one big offensive against that battalion?

To further answer; in the next week, if the battlion is not at half, it gets all the units, no changes. This happens no matter how many times it has been attacked in previous weeks.

Hope this helps & bon chance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Landry
Canada
St Lazare
QC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Bonjour Jean!

An enemy Battalion has 3 states:
1Full strength
2Half strength
3Destroyer

So, for a Full Strength Battalion all the units are placed on the map, Half Strength Battalion 1/2 the units are placed on the map. Destroyed...

D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jean SOL
France
BELBERAUD
flag msg tools
Hi Jimmy,
Thanks for your response : according with rules it seems that a battalion have to restart at full strength on another week (if not already at half) but in an historic reality it would be possible to restart with survivor forces after a precedent battle...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jean SOL
France
BELBERAUD
flag msg tools
Bonjour Dave,
Thanks for clarification : in fact, rule, only rule, no dreams about realistic situations more or less imagined.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.