Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David E
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Boardgame Aesthete
mbmbmbmbmb
As I read it, to win the game on Resources you'd need Sudan (2 w/Oil Spike), Iraq (4 w/Oil Spike), Libya (2 w/Oil Spike), leaving you needing 4 more. So assuming you can successfully move both Iraq and Libya to Good this turn (which would require some fantastically lucky rolling, especially with that -3 GWOT penalty), you'd still need to move either the Gulf States or Saudi to Good, requiring two successful WOI rolls.

Best case scenario, you will need a minimum of cards:

1. Invade Iraq. Assuming you get lucky and roll Fair governance and your Prestige doesn't go down...
2. Improve Iraq to Good.
3. Libyan Deal.
4. Improve Libya to Good.
5. Improve Saudi/GS to Fair.
6. Improve Saudi/GS to Good.

So basically you'd need seven operations to all go off flawlessly, and that's assuming the Jihadists don't have anything to interfere with that. A one-turn win may be theoretically possible, but it seems like a tall order. I think I'd focus on trying to flip a few more non-Islamic countries to Hard and going for WOI rolls. I might or might not try an Iraqi invasion, depending on what the Jihadists do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.