Popular Tags: [View All]
Leon
Germany
Passau
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there going to be a relaunch and if so, when?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robyn Z
United States
Worcester
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wo wo wo wo
i just saw a post saying most likely yes because they are revising the rules and now it is gone.

Uh Oh sounds like someone posted something they were not supposed to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Estonia
Tallinn
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I'm waiting. It's just such an adorable little adventure..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Theuerkaufer
Germany
Freiburg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I signed up for the mailing list, which is linked on their Facebook page. It'll come.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There was an update on the campaign page (that was cancelled) before Essen that it would be at Essen and that they expected a relaunch the beginning of 2016.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Theuerkaufer
Germany
Freiburg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The latest version of the game was demoed in Essen by me at the Hippodice booth. It'll be back early 2016. Subscribe to the mailing list or follow on Twitter/Facebook to get notified.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Theuerkaufer
Germany
Freiburg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yesterday I have posted an update over at the old Kickstarter campaign:

Quote:
Alive and kicking!

Greetings fellow hero aspirants,

a few month ago we have gathered and teamed up with a new crew member to prepare the relaunch of the Heldentaufe Kickstarter campaign. Ever since the October update we have been busy preparing all it needs to succeed: improved mechanics, optimized gaming flow, reduced playing time, a fifth player included right from the start, more blind tests, the final rule book, (pr)eviews coming, updated Kickstarter profile, social media activity, reduced shipping costs and and and.

But beware, there is one more thing we need to succeed and that is your ongoing support. I'll write more about how you can help us today in a later paragraph. For now let's have a look at the changes we have made...

WHAT'S NEW?

When the campaign is launching in 2016 we will present a completed game with rules that have been developed over years, improved, streamlined and thoroughly tested again and again. In addition to that we will manufacture high quality components and we won't trick you with stretch goals promising better component quality since we have already chosen to include best quality right from the start. Whatever we are doing in the stretch goals ("It's a secret, it's a secret!") it'll be fun but it won't change the game, because whether we reach them or not, we want you to have the full gaming experience right from the start.

That being said, we have included the fifth player in the base game. Heldentaufe is a 2 - 5 player game, I know families like mine will feel relieved now. Further than that we have optimized the rules to make them accessible for experienced and family gamers alike. The game has a much better flow now and as a result the game time is coming down to 60 - 90 minutes tops.

Other changes include how we will be running the campaign, teaming up with a fulfillment company and other behind-the-scenes decisions. We'll talk more about these things in future updates.

FINAL RULE BOOK

We have been working hard to re-structure the rule book and make it easier to access. We have streamlined the wording and the order of appearance for some elements in the rule book has been changed to better reflect how people usually read rule books while still keeping a form that allows players to start playing right away without going through the whole manual beforehand.

Last night the German version of the rule book has been finished. We are now processing the translations, please bear with us while we are all waiting to get these back.

From our website www.heldentaufe.ch you can download the German version, we'll also upload it to BoardGameGeek by the end of the week: http://www.heldentaufe.ch/uploads/3/7/3/3/37338309/regeln_he...
(the downloads in other languages are still the old versions)

SOCIAL MEDIA

If you are already following us on Twitter or Facebook, you may have noticed vital signs. We have re-activated our social media accounts and we are using them to post behind-the-scenes gossip, board gaming hobby related stuff and pictures. Speaking of which... here are a few photos that really make the prototype components stand out in colour and brightness (see the whole gallery at Facebook):

(prototype components)

(prototype components)

HOW YOU CAN HELP

We are coming to an end with this long update, sorry for that ;-) For now you can support us by following us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram and sharing what we share to increase visibility. You may also sign up to our mailing (see website) list to receive a notification when we are ready to relaunch. Thanks a lot for your help!

WHAT WE ARE BACKING

After all, we are board gaming enthusiast. If you ever wondered whether we have a backer history or not... YES WE HAVE! I - Daniel - alone have backed over 100 board gaming crowdfunding campaigns and commented over 1.700 times, I consider myself an active member of the awesome Kickstarter community. Some of you will know me by my backer name Bee (with the Bee avatar) or Daniel/Board Game Circus, which is my 'official' account.

Board Game Circus: https://www.kickstarter.com/profile/meandmyfriends?ref=bggfo...
Bee: https://www.kickstarter.com/profile/ordinarybee?ref=bggforum...

Here we'll share what other projects came to our attention. First and foremost there is Shem Phillip's campaign for Cibola & Woodlands 2nd Edition that is ending in less than 30 hours. Shem is the designer behind the Kickstarter surprise hits Shipwrights of the North Sea and Raiders of the North Sea, both games we have backed and enjoyed. Now we want Cibola & Woodlands in our collection, so feel free to have a look and show them some love: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/shem/cibola-and-woodlan...

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND/OR...

Depending on where you live and what you believe in, you are going to celebrate Christmas or another traditional feast. We wish you and your families a great time of joy, love and many board gaming sessions. Enjoy your holidays and have a save trip into the new year.

All the best and thanks for following!

Team Heldentaufe
Daniel with Simon, Kaspar, Bastian and Mathieu

DISCLAIMER

We are a team from Switzerland and Germany, our illustrator Mathieu is from France, our first language is German (French). Please keep that in mind whenever you read something that doesn't sound right for a native speaker. In case of doubt please ask what we meant instead of making wrong assumptions. We here to assist you and we are doing our best to make you feel comfortable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Theuerkaufer
Germany
Freiburg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For those who haven't seen it yet: Heldentaufe is back on Kickstarter, funded and has unlocked the first stretch goal. 2 days left!

Link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/heldentaufe/heldentaufe...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.