B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.alderac.com/doomtown/2015/07/29/gencon-preview-a-...

An interesting way to gain control points.

The main ability won't help anyone if they aren't packing heat.

__
tried to fix the typo in the topic; doesn't seem to be taking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Headline keyword is interesting. Looks like a pretty decent card, especially for bigger posses or decks that run light on deeds and want an alternate way to get CP.

Man, I cannot wait until tomorrow to go get the new cards!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin B.
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mb
dboeren wrote:
Looks like a pretty decent card, especially for bigger posses or decks that run light on deeds and want an alternate way to get CP.

I might be misreading it, but I think this card gives your opponent's shooter CP, so it's not a way to build your own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Tarr
United States
Floyds Knobs
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reads to me like it builds either.

You're taking a risk when you play it. If they ace you, their shooter gets control points. If you ace them, your shooter gets control points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dickson
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is definitely going to need an FAQ, because you could read it either way: "other posse" meaning "not your posse" or "other posse" meaning "the other posse from the dude who got aced."

Balance-wise, it seems like the first one makes more sense. You're trading the chance of giving the other guy permanent control points for the sake of adding bullets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon St.
Germany
Stuttgart
flag msg tools
mbmb
DailyRich wrote:
This is definitely going to need an FAQ, because you could read it either way: "other posse" meaning "not your posse" or "other posse" meaning "the other posse from the dude who got aced."

The way it's written "After each time any dude is aced as a casualty, the shooter in the other posse [gets CP]" i would think it's pretty clear that either posse's shooter gets CP if they kill somebody.

Hm.. now that you mention it it says "your posse" in the first sentence in comparison to "other posse" in the second..
but that also wouldn't really make sense thematically, if you start a fight they won't forget, and then they gather Control from their people dying, or would it?

There was no question about the wording on gomorra gazette.. i think both shooters can gain CPs here.

Edit: Wouldn't it usually say "your opponents posse" if it was 'your posse' against 'their posse'?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DailyRich wrote:

If they wanted it to work the first way, they'd just say "opponents posse" or whatever. It seems clear to me that they intend the second meaning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon
United States
Fremont
CA
flag msg tools
badge
For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst, and to provide for it.
mbmbmbmbmb
dboeren wrote:
If they wanted it to work the first way, they'd just say "opponents posse" or whatever. It seems clear to me that they intend the second meaning.

Is AEG consistent enough with their templates that this should be clear?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Jome
United States
Franklin
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
It's CP for the shooter of a posse that causes casualties.

Either side.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
So it goes.
United States
Shillington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.
badge
"You wouldn't worry half as much about what other people thought of you if you realized how rarely they actually did."
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems perfectly clear to me that both posses can gain CPs from this. I don't see why anyone would ever play this otherwise, it would be a terrible card that doesn't grant much for the risk you'd be taking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.