Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Fellows,

I’d like to invite you to invent a catchy slogan for the Perdition’s Mouth. Now that the box name is set in stone to: “Perdition’s Mouth: Abyssal Rift”, we have to find a descriptive slogan that can be used in upcoming Kickstarter and we intend to print this in the box as well. Hence, it’s darn important that it’s well defined.

Aim is that the name of the game ties nicely with the SLOGAN of the game. Slogan has a limit of 63 characters and it would have to match with the other components, preferably so that it does not repeat any words of game name or dungeon name.

Perdition’s Mouth (name of the game)
Abyssal Rift (Dungeon setting name)
Quick to learn tactical diceless fantasy-horror dungeon crawl (slogan example with 62 characters)
Co-operative diceless fantasy-horror in the dungeons of Abyss (slogan example #2) (61 characters)

As a list of adjectives describing the thematics, I’d use following list as example:
horror, gritty, grim, deadly, dangerous, weird, steampunkish, survival

Terms rather many have suggested as vital elements of the game:
- puzzles (eg. solving situations in PM is much more puzzle solving than in typical dice based games, where its mostly dice luck)
- no GM/DM. Truly co-operative. Co-operation has inbuilt mechanics (aiding) which is essential for survival
- each Hero is unique - instead of minute changes in attributes, you’ll find each Hero having clear advantages and disadvantages that change depending on which other Heroes are there.

I also like the fact that name would imply that Heroes are far from being the typical Heroes. Best example I can give is Geralt in Witcher stories. How to include these in the slogan? I don’t know. If I would, we would already have it all decided.

Yes, “Survival” is among the things that is hard in this game and rather essential. But as a word (at least to me) it misses the thrill and excitement.

The one who suggests the best slogan will get to define a treasure for Perdition's Mouth. We will create it based on winners suggestions, keeping in mind that it'll be balanced. It’ll be illustrated by the famous Matthias Catrein, the man behind art of Dominion. We’ll add this treasure to every Kickstarter copy of the game.

Send your suggestions to: slogan@perditionsmouth.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to really many submissions, we had to take a few rounds of thinking to find the best-fitting slogan for the game.

We ended up choosing two different slogans, one for Kickstarter (which has an absolute limit of 63 characters) and one for box which could be longer. We ended up choosing Paul Kellett's:

" No GM or dice - just your band of heroes against the demon cult" which captures essense of game nicely for Kickstarter.

And similarly, we chose Ukko Kaarto's suggestion (with co-op expanded) for the box cover

" A Co-operative dark fantasy adventure in the labyrinth of the Insectoid God"

This text would be a good description in box.

And that means that we'll be producing TWO extra Treasures to every Kickstarter box.

One will be designed by Ukko Kaarto and one by Paul Kellett. Guys, please provide your suggestion for the treasure you'd like to be added to the game to me.

We're also very close to completing a full rewrite of the manual. Dean Johnson has done a great job

with the rewrite and we're fully confident that in approximately one week when we'll have the preview version ready for your comments, you'll be happy.

Later in August we'll start drafting the Kickstarter campaign and will be asking your opinions on that topic as well.

Websites and contact information:
Email: info@perditionsmouth.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ddpgames
Twitter: DragonDawnProduction
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ukko Kaarto
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm also honored to be able to help with the box cover slogan.

Really diggin' the darker and more desperate vibe of this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.