Subject: Rescue through a window rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Martin
United States
Lacey
WA
flag msg tools
Check out my Hollenguard book series on Amazon!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

Are you able to use the Rescue special mission action (ex: Mission 2) if you are not engaged with an alien and a human is adjacent to you but with a window separating you?

Put another way, a human signal is in a room adjacent to aliens but also next to a window - can you move up to the other side of the window and rescue him?

Thanks for your help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I recall correctly you need to spend your action to rescue the scientist. I would say that since you are separated by the window you would need to spend your action to get through the window before you could spend your action to rescue the scientist.

I'm sure other people will weigh in as I don't think this situation has ever come up before.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Owen
United States
Munster
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
windows do not block LOS, and I would say the action of you saving him would thematically be you pulling him out through the window. So I would say yes you can, but I would say we would need a ruling from Agent S himself officially, cause this one could go either way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaak
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty sure you can rescue through a window; you're engaged with an enemy if it's on the other side of a window, after all because according to the rules the two of you are adjacent.

Additionally, it's impossible to jump through the window with a signal on the other side, because you can't occupy the same hex as a signal. You'd have to go around if you aren't able to lift them out the window.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Skaak wrote:
Additionally, it's impossible to jump through the window with a signal on the other side, because you can't occupy the same hex as a signal. You'd have to go around if you aren't able to lift them out the window.

I guess that's right because you wouldn't be able to jump through.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Martin
United States
Lacey
WA
flag msg tools
Check out my Hollenguard book series on Amazon!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the thoughts, guys.

This did turn up for me and I played on without rescuing the scientist(who would have been my third rescue) to see what happened. Turned out another was rescued later, so the scenario was won either way.

Still, was curious on the ruling and thought I'd come by here and see what others thought.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.