Subject: Number of dice in the game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mr Deltaz
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got the game and read the rules but there is something not clear to me:

Everyone starts with 2 weak dice and 2 strength dice.

What happens to the left over dice? are they out of the game?
Does that mean that in a 3 player game there is less dice available in the pool than in a 7 player game?

Thanks!

Daniel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Greenley
United States
Harleysville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Greetings Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
EDIT - Oops! Mis-read the question.

Yes, left over dice are out of the game. Yes, there are fewer total dice available in games with fewer players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Pereira
Portugal
Porto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct 4 dice per player (2 red/weak and 2 black/strong) plus the commander blue dice
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephane Brochu
Canada
Outremont
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Where does it say that in the rules? All I can see is that players get 2 and 2, but nowhere i can see says that the other dice go back in the box. In every other instance where materials are taken out of the game it is clearly stated.

If that's the case. it really should be in the FAQ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Sperling
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the same question initially, but re-reading that section you mentioned made it clear. It is just written from the opposite perspective: the only dice included in each game are the four dice per player (two weak and two strong). The additional dice are treated the same as the unused player screens, character cards and the unused malfunction deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Lavender
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
Klaatu barada nikto.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It makes sense to me that the leftover dice would be left out of the game (unused) but it would be nice to this in the docs, faq or an official ruling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Derrick
United States
Franklin
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MitchLav wrote:
It makes sense to me that the leftover dice would be left out of the game (unused) but it would be nice to this in the docs, faq or an official ruling.

Yes, you leave the extra dice out. The dice pool for a game is always (number of players x 4) + 1. I'll make sure to add that to the FAQ on the next revision.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is what I initially thought but then why does the game include a bunch of tokens that look like they add 1 extra die to the players screens (all the single gray tokens with the white box outline)? What are all these tokens for??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Derrick
United States
Franklin
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shooshoo wrote:
This is what I initially thought but then why does the game include a bunch of tokens that look like they add 1 extra die to the players screens (all the single gray tokens with the white box outline)? What are all these tokens for??

Those tokens are for when an Act of Trust complication card is played (and one player gives another player a die permanently). One player adds a +1 token next to their screen indicating they have an extra die, and one player adds a -1 token on top of their screen indicating they have one less die.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok that makes sense but there are so many of these tokens. How many could u possibly need for one game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Derrick
United States
Franklin
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So it's an edge case, but in a 7 player game you could theoretically have 4 Act of Trust cards played (which would require 8 tokens) and if the Final Event was Last Stand, you'd need 7 more tokens, for a total of 15 tokens you'd need. That assumes a lot and I've never seen it happen, but we had the space on the punch board for a few extra tokens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok thanks for the info

The only reason i questioned it was because there seemed to be a lot of extra tokens and i wondered if i was playing the game properly

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.