GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,435 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

D-Day Dice» Forums » Rules

Subject: beachmaster and move in bunker UTAH BEACH map 03 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marc Marc
Germany
flag msg tools
When i move on utah beach in the bunker on top, i become 3 soldiers from the beachmaster? In this bunker i can move from the north or laterally.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark J
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure what you're asking about. I don't understand what 3 soldiers fro the beachmaster means. Once you enter the bunker there is no more movement to do. You have to be in sector 13 or 14 before entering the bunker so that would be a lateral move.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Marc
Germany
flag msg tools
if I move with the beachmaster in an upper sector, I get an extra three soldiers. I get the three soldiers also, if I move in the bunker on this map? Or is this a lateral move?

Sorry for my english, i am from germany

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Garramone
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
madmac007 wrote:
if I move with the beachmaster in an upper sector, I get an extra three soldiers. I get the three soldiers also, if I move in the bunker on this map? Or is this a lateral move?

Sorry for my english, i am from germany

I just played the game tonight and had this same question. The Beachmaster gives you 3 soldiers whenever your unit advances. Advancing is moving forward, not backwards. So I don't think the Beachmaster would give a unit 3 soldiers for lateral movement. At least that's how we played it tonight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Marc
Germany
flag msg tools
Is the move in this bunker a "advance" move or a "laterally" move?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Marc
Germany
flag msg tools
Can someone answer my question pls...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Garramone
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
madmac007 wrote:
Can someone answer my question pls...

The answer has already been given in the rules. Look in the rulebook on page 9 under the heading, Phase 4 Moving. Half way down the page printed in red is the word "ADVANCING" in all caps. The last sentence under that heading says:

"Entering the Bunker also counts as Advancing: the Courage necessary is printed on the Bunker in a Courage icon."

So, if you advance laterally into a bunker, even though the move is technically lateral, it still counts as advancing for purposes of the Beachmaster.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Marc
Germany
flag msg tools
thanks, I've found it and understood...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.