BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Chit Chat

Subject: Help me figure out this episode of Looney Toons rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: identify [+] [View All]
BoB 3K
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I dunno if there are any Looney Toons experts on here, and it might not be a Loony Toons, perhaps a Merry Melodies--

It was about a Turkey on a farm--I believe he was named Tom. He thinks he is going to get killed the next day for dinner by the farmer who I'm fairly sure was Elmer of Porky. Anyway, the gist of the episode was that it was the announcer who was actually talking to Tom, giving him all these ideas of how tomorrow was his day for sure and giving him ideas to off the farmer first. In my 12 yr old memory, it was hilarious, but I've never seen it on current repeats.

I've tried to google various combinations of Looney Tunes Tom Turkey farmer and such with no success.

Any classic toon geek help?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Levy
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Best hobby, with the best people in the world. Gaming is the best!
mbmbmbmbmb
Might this be it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7Rb9w2ehrQ

It's called "Tom Turk and Daffy". The turkey has a much more aggressive role than you mentioned, though. Classic Chuck Jones cartoon from 1944.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
Life lesson: Hamsters are NOT diswasher safe.
badge
There are 10 types of people-- those who understand binary, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb
BoB3K wrote:
I dunno if there are any Looney Toons experts on here, and it might not be a Loony Toons, perhaps a Merry Melodies--

It was about a Turkey on a farm--I believe he was named Tom. He thinks he is going to get killed the next day for dinner by the farmer who I'm fairly sure was Elmer of Porky. Anyway, the gist of the episode was that it was the announcer who was actually talking to Tom, giving him all these ideas of how tomorrow was his day for sure and giving him ideas to off the farmer first. In my 12 yr old memory, it was hilarious, but I've never seen it on current repeats.

I've tried to google various combinations of Looney Tunes Tom Turkey farmer and such with no success.

Any classic toon geek help?

That didn't take long, did it?

Dibs, by the way...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
午餐先生
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
BoB3K wrote:
Elmer of Porky

This. This needs to be remembered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike K
United States
Fairless Hills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
THE YAMS DID IT, THE YAMS DID IT, THE YAMS DID IT!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BoB 3K
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Larry Levy wrote:
Might this be it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7Rb9w2ehrQ

It's called "Tom Turk and Daffy". The turkey has a much more aggressive role than you mentioned, though. Classic Chuck Jones cartoon from 1944.

No not it. It is during the summer time on a farm (that nice 40s summer on the farm you always see on looney toons and tom and jerry).

No daffy. Like I said, the main gist was the announcer urging on the Turkey.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.