GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,221 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

WWE Superstar Showdown» Forums » General

Subject: Bought my copy today! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Artur Costrino
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So, bought my copy today! Haven't had the chance to play it yet! But first impressions are really good! Seems to be a fast-paced game faithful to some of the best things we like in WWE!

I just think the Tag-Team rules could be a little different, but other than that, I think the game has a lot of potential!

I hope other superstars and divas will be added soon and also more cards for each player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leslie Parker
United States
Washington
District of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you snag it at Gen Con??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like some UK Ebay stores already have it in stock.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Artur Costrino
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
No! Bought it on a regular game shop in York - UK!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United Kingdom
Milford Haven
Pembrokeshire
flag msg tools
Rai # 5 by Valiant Comics
badge
Jim Shooter is a comics legend!
mbmbmbmbmb
Dam the Man wrote:
Looks like some UK Ebay stores already have it in stock.

Found it and ordered it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United Kingdom
Milford Haven
Pembrokeshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
costrino wrote:
So, bought my copy today! Haven't had the chance to play it yet! But first impressions are really good! Seems to be a fast-paced game faithful to some of the best things we like in WWE!

I just think the Tag-Team rules could be a little different, but other than that, I think the game has a lot of potential!

I hope other superstars and divas will be added soon and also more cards for each player.

Pics please! :D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neomaxim Noefaith
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A rep at Gencon just told my friend that the "Divas" expansions is already off to the printers.

Apparently they had Hulk Hogan promos to give away too, but were, obviously, forbidden from doing so at the last second. As collectibles go, anyone who does snag one will probably have something incredibly rare.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Black Jr.
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played tag team at Gen Con. It was a lot of fun! The only bummer is the person not in the ring doesn't do much, but you can still talk strategy and game plans with then before or after tag in/out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United Kingdom
Milford Haven
Pembrokeshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine's arrived! I just posted a bunch of pics. I just hope the modding police let them through.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remigiusz Bajor
Poland
Szczecin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How does the game work? I'm really interested in the mechanics and as a long time wrestling fan hope for finally some good wrestling game! From my games library I can tell that: Luchador dice is ok but more like an experience than a game (total randomness), Legends of Wrestling (and whole Filsinger games series) is like simulation, not a game (almost no decisions), Total rumble is a filler with numbers and pasted on theme and WCW Nitro isn't good.

My concern regarding WWE Showdown is that from rulebook it seems to combine Yomi's gloryfied rock-paper-scissors mechanic (which is ok in a qucik 2 player game) with WCW Nitro's (and probably other games) system of taking damadge from draw deck (which I personally don't like). My concern is that it's a random cardfest, especially when you have to discard good cards from your deck after loosing to rather random outguessing game of rock-scissors-paper...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Pisani
United States
New Albany
Indiana
flag msg tools
DDPage, I've played the game about 6 times. I really like this game. I had similar worries about losing good cards and randomness of r.s.p. Losing cards can be bad, but we mitigated the loss by starting out with your finishing moves in your discard pile. So you cannot lose them on the first go around. Some cards are better than others, they are close enough that you will still have winning possibilities. RPS has some randomness, but playing a block (instant lose - no damage) or slam (instant win) helps a lot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.