Subject: Do you keep your crystals after scoring them? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Attila Gal
Belgium
Antwerp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
During the intermediate and final scoring, do you keep the crystals you score for? And thus keep your collection growing until you pass a red line?

Or do you discard the crystals you score, so you start the next round with 0 crystals?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee.
mbmbmbmbmb
JungleJoker wrote:
During the intermediate and final scoring, do you keep the crystals you score for? And thus keep your collection growing until you pass a red line?

Or do you discard the crystals you score, so you start the next round with 0 crystals?

You keep the crystals when you score them. You only discard them when you cross a red line.

Note that you tally all of your points during scoring first, then move your marker. My point being that you score all of your crystals before crossing any red lines.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Attila Gal
Belgium
Antwerp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok thank you for your response, we played our first game tonight and discarded the crystals at first. Only halfway through did we realise it would make more sense to keep them. This definitely changes scoring a lot, I'll never make this mistake again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Bruhn
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
JungleJoker wrote:
Ok thank you for your response, we played our first game tonight and discarded the crystals at first. Only halfway through did we realise it would make more sense to keep them. This definitely changes scoring a lot, I'll never make this mistake again!
Just to be sure: Please don't forget that there's a limit of crystals you can hold depending on your lab.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaime D.
Spain
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, don't forget the limits imposed by your lab. Expanding it is always a b good idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.