Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Snyder
United States
Elizabethtown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We have videos for game reviews, game walkthroughs, top 10 lists, live gaming, gaming news, even funny game humor, but is anything missing? In other words, if someone with a camera wanted to do a video series that was refreshingly different or interesting, what would it be?

I, for one, enjoy talk about game theory or reviews about what a game really 'feels' like to play. I'd be curious to know what else can be done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Hickle
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
This space for rent.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've always wanted to see play through videos in the style of sports broadcasts. You know, with color commentary, graphics, interviews with the players, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Snyder
United States
Elizabethtown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
asutbone wrote:
I've always wanted to see play through videos in the style of sports broadcasts. You know, with color commentary, graphics, interviews with the players, etc.

Yes, me too! Sometimes I'd even rather watch someone playing a sports game than watch them play the sport itself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nat tact
United States
Indianapolis
IN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I want to do a series that teaches you how to play a game. And then you watch the game played in real time with commentary dubbed over the game. and you just watch the board being played. Kind of like Tabletop but with average gamers and people not overacting and trying to be funny.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melody Hill
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Videos on the whole process of how a game was developed, from idea to selling in stores, perhaps?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
playthroughs involving experienced players

Watching people who've never played before doesn't give an indication what the strategic landscape of the game is really like.

Even playthrough videos involving people who have all played at least a couple times would be very different from what's currently out there.

or, along the same lines, tournament coverage
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bort
Australia
Brisbane
Qld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Naked News style

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pokey 64
United States
Niagara Falls
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stop Motion type animation of wargames and games that have miniatures.

Rather than watch a game play out turn by turn I'd rather see it flow using stop motion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
hot naked guys

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Chen
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
asutbone wrote:

Reminds me of Hikaru no Go. During the Go matches there will be experts on TV broadcasting predictions, strategies, and commentaries.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MARCUS GABRIEL
United States
Grosse Pointe Woods
Michigan
flag msg tools
"Five cents, please," his front door said when he tried to open it. The toll door had an innate stubborness to it... UBIK
mbmbmbmbmb
How about game play videos with really good lighting, sound, camera work, and editing? There are too many "blair witch" style videos out there already.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Byrd
United States
Porterdale
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmb
MARCUSRPG wrote:
How about game play videos with really good lighting, sound, camera work, and editing? There are too many "blair witch" style videos out there already.

I'll note (as someone making gaming videos) that hitting all these marks is super difficult, at least in a one-man operation. Most of my videos involve a stationary camera, and I've only recently begun experimenting with a second camera due to budget restraints. Lighting, good audio, and appropriate editing are the three I focus on primarily since I can't play the game while changing the camera often.

Granted, our videos focus on a full play of a game rather than a play-by-play (like most miniature game videos are). I'd suggest, if nothing less, have good audio and good lighting. Those are easy to ignore when starting out and, in my opinion, irritating to set up and take down between videos. However, they're absolutely essential to making a solid production.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.