United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
I'll play the Klingons
badge
I'll play the Klingons
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Is it correct that the french may not select a unit for activation starting with the second turn until 11 unless they lose a starting locale? This is in addition to the activations from adjacency.

2. Do pieces in blocking position that do not participate in an assault stay in blocking position if the other friendly pieces in that position lose an assault as attacker?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scipio O.
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
#1 is correct:
• The French player may select one piece at the start of his first turn. At the start of each subsequent turn, he may select two more pieces if: (1) a French set-up locale was ever enemy-occupied (whether it still is it or not), or (2) it is 11:00 AM or later. Rule 6.6.

#2 is correct:
• "not all the pieces blocking that approach have to participate," Rule 11 p.7, and "if the assault was won by the defender, then the surviving attacking pieces withdraw into reserve in the locale from which they were attacking...." p.8.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Anderson
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
I'll play the Klingons
badge
I'll play the Klingons
mbmbmbmbmb
Scipio Oaklandus wrote:
#1 is correct:
• The French player may select one piece at the start of his first turn. At the start of each subsequent turn, he may select two more pieces if: (1) a French set-up locale was ever enemy-occupied (whether it still is it or not), or (2) it is 11:00 AM or later. Rule 6.6.

#2 is correct:
• "not all the pieces blocking that approach have to participate," Rule 11 p.7, and "if the assault was won by the defender, then the surviving attacking pieces withdraw into reserve in the locale from which they were attacking...." p.8.

Thanks, that's how I was reading those sections. The rules are tight so you have to take them at face value.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonardo Martino
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh man I need to play this game cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Sewell
United States
Morganton
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
Scipio Oaklandus wrote:
#1 is correct:

Is this "one piece at the start of his first turn" in addition to any activations caused by Austrians occupying adjacent locales or set-up locales? It seems so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Anderson
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
I'll play the Klingons
badge
I'll play the Klingons
mbmbmbmbmb
MaxSewell wrote:
Scipio Oaklandus wrote:
#1 is correct:

Is this "one piece at the start of his first turn" in addition to any activations caused by Austrians occupying adjacent locales or set-up locales? It seems so.

Yes, correct. The original post accounted for the adjacent locales activations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.