Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » Variants

Subject: Gremlinator Customs: Brother Voodoo rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Edwards
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As mentioned before, this guy is a bit of a guilty pleasure for me, alongside Daimon Hellstrom and essentially anything mystical/supernatural that Marvel does. I thought I'd post my ideas for cards before putting up the final images, to save me doing multiple uploads for any chances.

I've borrowed elements from a Dr. Strange variant for playstyle and Star-Lord for his artifact usages, and hopefully this set up works! The only real concern I have is whether the Uncommon sticks out within this set connection-wise. I just felt he needed a representation of him summoning souls to his bidding within his cards.

All have the team affiliation of 'Mystical' - what I've dubbed the Eye of Agamotto icon.

Commons

Name: Staff Of Legba
Power: Covert
Cost: 4
Artifact: Once per turn gain +1 attack. (considered making this a shard ability instead, still fits with the mystical theme).
Instinct: You may gain Versatile 2 instead.

Name: The Brothers Drumm
Power: Instinct
Recruit: 2
Select an artifact a player controls. This card now has the same abilities as that card, and counts as an Artifact for the rest of your turn.
2x Mystical: You may have a player reveal their hand instead, and copy one of the revealed cards.

Uncommon

Name: Houngan Supreme
Power: Instinct
Recruit: 2
Gain a New Recruit to your hand.
2x Instinct: Any New Recruits used this turn can be placed in your discard pile instead of returning to the stack.

Rare

Name: Sorcerer Supreme
Power: Covert
Cost: 6/7 (undecided)
Attack: 3+
You may discard any Artifacts you have used this turn. Gain +1 attack for each card discarded this way.
2x Mystical: You may place them on top of your deck instead. (wording issue here, as I still want the +attack to happen, so maybe 'place them on top of your deck after resolving this effect'?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ranger Rob
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
Keeper of the *** Marvel Master Database *** A custom card directory for Marvel Legendary.
badge
Find the Marvel Master Database in the Variants section of the Marvel Legendary Forums.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Gremlinator Customs: Brother Voodoo (WIP)
Sorry but I gotta...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Edwards
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahaha, he became the new Sorcerer Supreme after Dr. Strange went all Dark-magicky in New Avengers - died killing Agamotto soon after. Was a supporting character for Strange here and there over the years beforehand. Had an epic miniseries at the time as well where he saved the entire world from Nightmare, killing every supernatural character as he did, only to have it reset upon defeating Nightmare.

Though I also like him for his rather bad-ass spell-hands .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Edwards
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Updating first post with images due to little comment, though I still welcome them definitely! Having played a lot of games lately, my drive to make new cards is even more determined haha.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ranger Rob
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
Keeper of the *** Marvel Master Database *** A custom card directory for Marvel Legendary.
badge
Find the Marvel Master Database in the Variants section of the Marvel Legendary Forums.
mbmbmbmbmb
Added to the Marvel Master Database.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.