Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rueben S
Canada
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love board gaming and with camping there is lots of down time. My kids are 5,6,7. They love playing games with me. And I'm able to tone down some of the rules of some games so they can have a blast playing and it's still enjoyable for me. My wife is not really a gamer and has on occassion played with the rest of us, more so when camping.

So I invite your suggestions for fun, camping easy boardgames that my wife and kids could all enjoy. I like all types of games. Too many bits doesn't work when camping, though.

Let the suggestions flow! And Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolfram Troeder
Germany
Bruchkoebel
Hessen
flag msg tools
Boardgaming is not a matter of life or death...
badge
...it's much more important than that!
mbmbmbmbmb
iamrubocop wrote:
I love board gaming and with camping there is lots of down time. My kids are 5,6,7. They love playing games with me. And I'm able to tone down some of the rules of some games so they can have a blast playing and it's still enjoyable for me. My wife is not really a gamer and has on occassion played with the rest of us, more so when camping.

So I invite your suggestions for fun, camping easy boardgames that my wife and kids could all enjoy. I like all types of games. Too many bits doesn't work when camping, though.

Have a look at the respective GeekLists floating around every summer.
Search for Camping or Outdoor or Vacation or Beach and pick your choice.

Edit: Spelling

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hansel
United States
Spencer
IA
flag msg tools
I would recommend Sushi Go!. Everyone in my family loves Sushi Go! and only a few are gamers. It also comes in a nice little tin.

Other games with a small footprint that my family enjoys include Hanabi, Qwixx, For Sale, Linko, and No Thanks!.

I think all of those would be ideal for camping. They are also relatively simple with few rules. I don't think you would have to make any of them easier than they already are.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arno van Mark
Germany
Düsseldorf
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Pickomino
Heckmeck Junior

Rory's Story Cubes: Voyages

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
www.Meetup.com/ArizonaGames
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really really think you should check out Cheating Moth or by it's more common name "Cheating Moth".

Not only is the theme relevant (ants, mosquitos etc) the game is cheap, easy to pack and a total blast to play.

Also +1 for Pickomino and Qwixx - both small games which would work well outside.

Have fun and kudos for combining two fabulous activities for your kids to look fondly back on.

Well played Dad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Rockwell
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
iamrubocop wrote:

Our family enjoys camping as well and although not a boardgame (blasphemy!) our kids absolutely love doing a scavenger hunt. Although this time of year you have to hose them down with OFF!

But I would recommend card games... so nothing with little pieces.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.