1 Posts

Dragon's Gold» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Session Report - Too tricky by half rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Rae
New Zealand
flag msg tools
Dragons gold is simple yet not, unitl you get the hang of it there are all these tradeoffs. Points or colours early on, theives or big bad warriors. It's not easy I tell you.

Three played this one , Whareware (M)... is still can't remember the name, Jacob (J) and myself Citylife (A). I started in third position and the other were divying up treasure before you could say whose a mamma. So I was left with big dragons to take the fight too. Well they abandoned me again and went and divided up another treeasure and I was feeling quite lonesome. Eventually though I got in the running and picke dup a couple of whites and looked solid for one colour. Alas that was as far as it got.

Towards the end of the game I picked up a better share of gold than you might have expected, but when push came to shove I had been a little too tricky. I tended to play my theives and wizards too much and ended up using all four cards far too often. The benefits of such cards were miinimal in the basic game and I was left wondering was it worth it. No was the answer.

In the End Jacob took it by a single point from M while I was left languishuing behind after only winning one colour and that was a half anyway. The lesson learnt tonight include that you often don't need half for a victory in a colour. Tonight was characterised by many deals that just fell through, even in the early game. I look forward to playing this more and seeing the antagonism rise. Good job Jacob.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.