Subject: Five player game. Humans win, yay! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Benjamín Larenas
Chile
Arica
flag msg tools
mb
Tonight's BSG was really intense. A 5 player game, with me playing Lee Adama, and the rest of the group playing Bill Adama, Starbuck, Helo, and Zarek.

My first loyalty card was human. An incident made me suspect of Helo being a cylon, but I wasn't 100% sure. Bill didn't made me suspicious since he took 3 consecutive 2-distance jumps. On the Sleeper phase, I got another human card, then Zarek was being suspicious so he got himself brigged. Then, I said something about a crisis card which made the rest suspicious of me, and after that made an honest mistake of seeing blue as green and tossing the wrong card in the mix, so after a card gave the Presidency to Starbuck, she pardoned Zarek, and they brigged me instead. All the while we were running on red or almost-red numbers in every resource, and had two or three damage tokens on Galactica. Bill Adama got brigged, Helo got to be Admiral, and later took a 1-distance jump, for a total of 7 distance. I accused him of being a cylon for this, but nobody listened. Then Bill Adama revealed as a cylon. Huh. His next turn, he uses his Super Crisis card, which is the one with the cylon attack. Meanwhile I'm trying in vain to get out of prison, so I decide to do what I can from there and prove my humanity. I said to Zarek, "I'll give you an XO so you can use your OPG to raise our morale", which was at 2. He said yes, I gave him the XO, and he revealed as a cylon, lowering our morale to 1 (He had received his cylon card on the Sleeper phase). Zarek had spent so many turns in prison trying to get out that we all had assumed he'd have revealed if he were a cylon. Anyway, Helo XOs me, we get myself out of prison, and Starbuck uses a Speech and raises our morale to 2. We barely escape the Bomb in Colonial One Super Crisis Zarek had, which would have meant defeat. At this point our highest resource is population, at 6. We make another jump, so now we're only one jump away from winning. We decide to make the FTL jump as soon as the Fleet marker is at the -3 spot. Problem is, FTL control needs to be repaired. We manage it, but after that we get a streak of Crisis cards with no FTL icon and Cylon attack Crisis cards. We're at 1 morale, and I get yet another win-or-die crisis we barely escape. This same crisis card takes us to the -3 space on the FTL track, and the next player, Helo, uses FTL control to jump. Even with his re-roll, we couldn't save the 3 population, but we won!

My thoughts : this is the second human win on our group; the first one had been a 3-player game in which the cylon was a new player. We all generally think it's very hard to win as humans, so we were very pleased. We all made several mistakes, but the cylon players' were big, and got them defeated. Zarek sat on jail for too long, and Bill Adama didn't do enough damage as Admiral (and for that case, as a revealed cylon either, since he took to stealing other players' cards and rolling to attack Galactica, in which he succeeded one of three times). All in all, it was a tight game and could've swayed one way or the other. I'm just glad to have been on the winning team, but I think I could've won the game too if I had been a cylon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Pereira
Portugal
Porto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just missing the pictures... We love pictures

Like I say if you don't have picture it's a rumour

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamín Larenas
Chile
Arica
flag msg tools
mb
Zarek took a couple of pictures, I'll try to get some and post them

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pickman
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice win!

I think everyone here has had the experience of giving an executive order to another player, only to have that person immediately reveal. What a sinking feeling...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
Not immediately.

They use the first action to do something damaging, then the second action to reveal and do some more damage.

Although, we usually prefer soft-revealing on an XO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.