GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,484 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » General

Subject: You're really stressing me out rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tala Mare
msg tools
mb
HWK + Twin Laser Turret + Tactician

2 stress per turn at range 2

24 points
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Krüger
Germany
Krefeld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
But only in the firing arc, and the HWK flies like a brick.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Chav
United States
Taylorsville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thamos von Nostria wrote:

Yup, better make it count the first pass because you likely won't get another one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Test Candidate (sans Deadly Neurotoxin)
badge
Warming up the deadly neurotoxin...
mbmbmbmbmb
TLT is still one Attack phase, so only one opportunity for Tactician to trigger.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Haglund
Sweden
Göteborg
Västra Götaland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tactician does say "after you perform an attack" and Twin Laser Turret does do two seperate attacks. So it's a valid combo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Krüger
Germany
Krefeld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Frankysan wrote:
Tactician does say "after you perform an attack" and Twin Laser Turret does do two seperate attacks. So it's a valid combo.

This. Should be the same as cluster missiles, maybe we can find an FAQ entry to confirm (or show that we are wrong).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waspinator
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Twin Laser uses very similar language to Cluster Missiles and the FAQ confirms that Cluster Missiles is treated as two separate attacks. I'm 99% certain Tactician would trigger twice. Tactician talks about performing an attack, not the phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Culp
United States
Gillette
Wyoming
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think tactician goes twice. R3A2, so far it seems like it won't proc twice on the TLT (so no triple stress hog)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Chav
United States
Taylorsville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lj1983 wrote:
I think tactician goes twice. R3A2, so far it seems like it won't proc twice on the TLT (so no triple stress hog)

Yeah I'm leaning towards TLT is declare one target, make an attack twice so R3A2 only works once per TLT but Tactician can trigger twice. All in the words.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Starburst Q
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Danath wrote:
lj1983 wrote:

Yeah I'm leaning towards TLT is declare one target, make an attack twice so R3A2 only works once per TLT but Tactician can trigger twice. All in the words.

Agreed. As I see it: if it was meant as two full attacks, it'd read similar to gunner, luke (crew), IG-88B or the BTL-4A title. Each of which allows you to perform a NEW attack which includes picking a target and a weapon (within limitations of the card). Both the Cluster Missiles and Twin Laser Turret say to perform THIS attack twice, which means you already picked a target and weapon and don't need to repeat the "Declare Target" phase.

That being said, I can see the counter argument that "perform THIS attack twice" simply means that you have one choice in who you declare as a target and one choice for a weapon, but the "Declare Target" phase (and choices of that phase) must still be made.

I think an FAQ response on this would be nice. Until then, I'm going to be playing as if you skip the "Declare Target" part of the Combat phase. It just makes more sense to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
Danath wrote:
Thamos von Nostria wrote:

Yup, better make it count the first pass because you likely won't get another one.

Doubtful you'll get the first!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.