Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
20 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Australia » ACT (Canberra)

Subject: GLOG - Saturday 8 August 2015 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Panda Z
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gungahlin Library Open Games (GLOG) next session is on Saturday 8 August 2015.

What: to play board/tile/card/dice games
Where: Gungahlin Library, corner of Hibberson St and Gozzard St.
When: Saturday 8 August 2015
Time: 10:15 am to 5:00ish pm
Room: Conference Room 1

The game of the month is The Voyages of Marco Polo.

and Elysium.

By playing these games you get a chance to win a TGC gift voucher.

The game to play for an entry to win the treasure chest from Stonemaier Games is:

Stone Age

Play this game for an entry to the draw of the treasure chest that will be given to a lucky GLOG attendee on the December event. Remember, you have to be present in December to claim the treasure.

This is a free event, just bring along your favourite games and a smile.

The booking is for Conference room #1. This room is located in the lower level left side downstairs of the main library entry. There is no restriction of food on the venue, but I encourage everyone to keep the venue tidy and be careful while playing other people games. Also, consider order food/drinks from the coffee shop inside the Library.

There is key provided by the Library in a DVD case to access the toilets that will be available to all. Please don't forget to return the key, so others can access this facility.

Also, please make sure to pack the games you play to the same condition you found them.

Finally, a quick reminder that young players need to be under parental supervision at all times.

See you there!

Cheers!
cool

PS: GLOG upcoming dates in 2015 are:

Saturday 10 January
Saturday 14 February
Saturday 14 March
Saturday 11 April
Saturday 9 May
Saturday 13 June
Saturday 11 July
Saturday 8 August
Saturday 12 September
Saturday 10 October
Saturday 14 November
Saturday 12 December
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Ward
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
The Monarch
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking forward to another GLOG. Hopefully I'll have my copy of Yedo by then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kon Stavrinos
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Marco.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loc .
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
MrBaggy wrote:
Marco.....

.....polo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray Fish
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
badge
They explained everything in detail and at great length. After they finished I sat, despondent, contemplating a bleak and empty future. "I’m glad you’re depressed" said one. "It means you’ve understood the situation.”
mbmbmbmbmb
I should be right to be there. Might bring Zombicide and copies of The Great War for backers to pick up (and sleeves for Dave).

Speaking of Zombicide I don't suppose that the missing first player piece lost last month has come to light anywhere?

While I'm asking questions, can I ask what's the story with winning a Stonemaier Games treasure chest? Which kind soul donated it and what's their interest in having people play Stone Age?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Panda Z
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
muzfish4 wrote:
I should be right to be there. Might bring Zombicide and copies of The Great War for backers to pick up (and sleeves for Dave).

Speaking of Zombicide I don't suppose that the missing first player piece lost last month has come to light anywhere?

While I'm asking questions, can I ask what's the story with winning a Stonemaier Games treasure chest? Which kind soul donated it and what's their interest in having people play Stone Age?

You can replace the resources in Stone Age, with the fancy ones from the treasure chest. I'll try to nominate a different game each month to demo the pieces from the treasure chest.

Jaime donate the chest for the GLOG to give away.

Why stone age? don you like it? maybe is the lack of minis, plus it is good to revisit some classics from time to time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray Fish
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
badge
They explained everything in detail and at great length. After they finished I sat, despondent, contemplating a bleak and empty future. "I’m glad you’re depressed" said one. "It means you’ve understood the situation.”
mbmbmbmbmb
Amiguero wrote:
muzfish4 wrote:

You can replace the resources in Stone Age, with the fancy ones from the treasure chest. I'll try to nominate a different game each month to demo the pieces from the treasure chest.

Jaime donate the chest for the GLOG to give away.

Why stone age? don you like it? maybe is the lack of minis, plus it is good to revisit some classics from time to time.

No, I like Stone Age fine (my sister-in-law really likes it and we play it a fair bit when she stays) despite the lack of miniatures and the stinky dice cup.

I was just wondering the whos and whys behind the decision. Makes perfect sense to play a game where the delights of the Treasure Chest can be demoed. Fantastic generosity from Jamey Stegmaier to donate a copy to GLOG, he really is a wonderful member of the world wide gaming community.

For the record, I already have a Stonemaier Games Treasure Chest of my own so wouldn't have been in on the action to win another. I commend this fine product to all GLOG-ers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael nut
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
muzfish4 wrote:
I commend this fine product to all GLOG-ers.

Seconded, as far as game bling goes, you can't get much more top shelf than this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Ward
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
The Monarch
mbmbmbmbmb
Dunhill_BKK wrote:
Looking forward to another GLOG. Hopefully I'll have my copy of Yedo by then.

By the looks of things, Yedo is not going to be in my possession any time soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mrs Smith
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
This is my chance to convey something meaningful! Darn. Wasted it.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be there, and will actually have time to stick around and play some games!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Nguyen
Australia
flag msg tools
This will be my last GLOG before I move to Melbourne. Will miss this sorely .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Calderazzo
Australia
flag msg tools
I'm looking forward to coming along again - I'll be there in the afternoon, and will bring Exploding Kittens!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Ward
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
The Monarch
mbmbmbmbmb
Have a good time in Melbourne Jay, it's been good gaming with you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Panda Z
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Another successful event at the GLOG this month

Games played this time around included:

Stone Age
Royals
Zombicide
Dominion
Cacao
Ascension
CDMC 3000
Kemet
Spyrium
Flip City
Imperial Settlers
Robo Rally
Mush Mush!
Andean Abyss
Ladies and Gentlemans
Eclipse
Arcadia Quest
Worm up!
Exploding Kittens
Elysium
7 Wonders
Welcome to the Dungeon
Agricola
Limits
Samurai Spirit
Animal upon Animal
Hey that's my fish

and probably a few other that skip my mind.

Thanks to all attending and see you next month!

cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul L
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You forgot Dominion, Rene!

Nailed it! Great GLOG, thanks Rene.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Panda Z
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AztecTwoStep wrote:
You forgot Dominion, Rene!

Nailed it! Great GLOG, thanks Rene.

Nope, I forgot The Game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Ward
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
The Monarch
mbmbmbmbmb
We also got in a couple of quick rounds of Skull and Red7 when you were not looking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Nguyen
Australia
flag msg tools
Thanks Don.

Had another great time. Thanks Rene and everyone (Andrew, Richard, Katie, Don, Jeremy, Chris and many more) for welcoming me to the group and teaching me many great games. Hope to have a chance to game again with you all one day .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy No
Australia
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks! Was good fun again this month. Good luck in Melbourne Jay, I'm sure you won't have any problems finding places to game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Binny
Australia
Wanniassa
Australian Capital Territory
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And three little pigs
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.