GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,302 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Space Movers 2201» Forums » Rules

Subject: Questions on Kitchen, Interrogation, Neleh and Card Deck rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Schulte-Kulkmann
Germany
Essen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there!

I am not sure whether I just have overlooked something, but I think that these questions are not fully answered by the rules:

1. Kitchen
The rules state: "Perform the Action here to have any other Player perform an Action of your choice as if it were that Player's turn.

Does this mean that the other player may use both of his character's special abilities - the "any turn" and the "your turn" ability?

Example: Another player uses the Kitchen to have Red activate the Communications board space. If Red is allowed to use her "your turn" ability, she only has to pay 3 Resources.

2. Interrogation
The gameboard at the UO Headquartes states: "Action: Release all captives in interrogation [...]"

Looking at the wording, I think that several characters may be held for interrogation at the same time. Is this correct?

If this is correct, I see a chance for the game being lost by all player characters being held for interrogation, since players who have their characters in interrogation only perform Phases 1 and 4 of their turn.

3. Neleh
Is Neleh's "any turn" ability used before or after the dice is rolled for interrogation?

4. Card deck
What happens if we run out of cards? Or does the game always end before this might happen?

And finally: It's great to see that you will be releasing additional card packs!!!

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Cox
United States
Archdale
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Frank thanks for the great questions. I will list our answers below:

1) the wording in the rules will need to be clarified in the FAQ, we will do that as soon as we get home from GenCon. The character "your turn character ability can only be used on your actual turn. Sorry for the unclear wording in the book we will cover that in the FAQ and future books.

2. Yes more than one character can be in interrogation. This makes it very important to get characters out quickly. Thinking you don't need their die yet and letting them sit there is a very good way to lose.

3. Neleh's tricky ability can be used before or after the die roll.

4. There is no rule that if the deck runs out you lose. Just reshuffle and keep trying. Your just hanging on at that point though, it will be a tuff win!

Glad you are looking forward to the Kickstarter! We think you will enjoy the challenge!

Kevin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Schulte-Kulkmann
Germany
Essen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Kevin!

Thanks for your clarifications!

knagames wrote:

1) the wording in the rules will need to be clarified in the FAQ, we will do that as soon as we get home from GenCon. The character "your turn character ability can only be used on your actual turn. Sorry for the unclear wording in the book we will cover that in the FAQ and future books.

That's interesting. Not just the wording of the rulebook, but a general comparison of all skills has led me to believe that the "your turn" abilities related the action phase could be used if the character was activated by use of the Kitchen.

So, if the active player uses the Kitchen to activate Eli to fly the Liberty (provided Eli is on the bridge), Eli's "any turn" ability can be used to jump the Liberty two spaces instead of one. Med-A and Her-B act in a comparable fashion, since their "any turn" ability also works when the Kitchen is used to activate them at the Medical Bay.

It seems arbitrary that their special abilities can be used in this situation, whereas Red (beneficial "your turn" skill when using Communications) and Lucas (beneficial "your turn" skill when using the Drone Room) are not allowed to use their skills in a virtually identical situation.

Likewise, the wording of Boom's "your turn" ability ("when you participate in a skill check...") suggested that this ability might also be used when Boom is activated by use the Kitchen, because the active player always participates and rolls some dice if he initiates a skill check during his own turn.

Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Cox
United States
Archdale
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I am back from GenCon and will sit down with April soon and clarify any questions on this in the FAQ and re post it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffan O'Sullivan
United States
Plymouth
NH
flag msg tools
"All history is made up. Good history is made up by good historians; bad history is made up by the others." -David Macaulay
badge
When I retired, I decided to explore the Seven Deadly Sins. Perhaps I shouldn't have started with Sloth. It's been four years and that's as far as I've gotten.
mbmbmbmbmb
knagames wrote:

Then this seems to make the kitchen worthless. If Eli can't use his double move when activated by the kitchen, the player whose turn it is should just go to the bridge instead of the kitchen and fly the ship on their own!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.