Thunder Alley» Forums » Rules

Subject: DRAFT Movement rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
oli70 oli70
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 6 of Rule-Book, last image.

"EXAMPLE: Blue car #15 is activated with a Draft Movement card. The green car behind it is linked and will move along with it. Since the blue car starts its move with a Draft Line established, it may not change lanes. The blue car is moved forward one space and links with cars #43 and #28."

Car 15 can move lateral ?

If not i dont' understand the 6.4.2 Lateral Movement

"Lateral Movement: A car activated with Draft Movement may move laterally (and displace cars) as much as desired before beginning forward movement. During this initial lateral movement cars ahead and behind are not considered linked. Once forward movement begins linkage to cars to the front and rear is automatic and lateral movement is no longer allowed.
A car activated with a Draft Movement card that is not Linked moves in the same manner as a car using Solo Movement. Once the Active Car moves forward it will link with any car it moves directly behind or it moves in front of, and then lateral movement is no longer allowed."

I understand that a Car i Draft Movie with a Draft Line can move lateal BEFORE start forwars move!

But phreaps is only a translate problem!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benji
Switzerland
Gurmels
FR
flag msg tools
visit us on www.muwins.ch
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
oli70 wrote:

"EXAMPLE: Blue car #15 is activated with a Draft Movement card. The green car behind it is linked and will move along with it. Since the blue car starts its move with a Draft Line established, it may not change lanes. The blue car is moved forward one space and links with cars #43 and #28."

yes, it could. But on page 6, you don't know this yet... ;o)

As soon as it starts the forward movement, it may not change lanes anymore (that's what the text means). The example is about cars moving forward. See also "PROCEDURE: When a car using draft movement moves forward..." (just above the example).

You later (page 7) learn that it might have changed lanes BEFORE beginning forward movement.

oli70 wrote:

You do
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Grier
Scotland
Paisley
Renfrewshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
oli70 wrote:

"Lateral Movement: A car activated with Draft Movement may move laterally (and displace cars) as much as desired before beginning forward movement. During this initial lateral movement cars ahead and behind are not considered linked. Once forward movement begins linkage to cars to the front and rear is automatic and lateral movement is no longer allowed.
A car activated with a Draft Movement card that is not Linked moves in the same manner as a car using Solo Movement. Once the Active Car moves forward it will link with any car it moves directly behind or it moves in front of, and then lateral movement is no longer allowed."

I understand that a Car i Draft Movie with a Draft Line can move lateal BEFORE start forwars move!

But phreaps is only a translate problem!

Hi there, this is covered in the errata at https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1182052/errata-page-ple...

Quote:

6.4.1 Example:
Should read: Assume car #15 in Blue has already been activated with a draft Movement card. The green car behind it is linked and will move along with it...

Hope this helps!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oli70 oli70
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thankx
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Haslehurst
United Kingdom
Oxford
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree, this section of the rules is horribly confusing. And the errata don't help. If you activate a car with a Draft card, and it is already linked to a draft line, is it or is it not allowed to move laterally. The example in 6.4.1 seems to categorically say "no!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Bradley
United Kingdom
Haverhill
Suffolk
flag msg tools
badge
The best things in life aren't things.
mbmbmbmbmb
peter haslehurst wrote:
I agree, this section of the rules is horribly confusing. And the errata don't help. If you activate a car with a Draft card, and it is already linked to a draft line, is it or is it not allowed to move laterally. The example in 6.4.1 seems to categorically say "no!"

You're never "already linked" to a draft line when you use a Draft card. You don't link until you make a forward move.

The only card type that links immediately is Lead Movement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fwing wrote:
peter haslehurst wrote:

You're never "already linked" to a draft line when you use a Draft card. You don't link until you make a forward move.

The only card type that links immediately is Lead Movement.

Yes indeed.

The rules can be a little confusing, as you have to look at a couple sections, but once you understand it, it's pretty easy.

For draft and pursuit movement, you don't become linked until you start moving forward. So you can do lateral movement at the start of activation, but then became linked when starting to move forward, and once linked, you can't make any other lateral movement.

Lead movement has you linked at the start of your activation, but you can use lateral movement throughout that car's activation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.