Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
www.unhalfbricking.com
badge
EuroGamer since 1980, & online games retailer since 2003
mbmbmbmbmb
The second edition of this game will have an expansion included in the box, as standard.

I have discussed with Paolo regarding obtaining the expansion for those of us who bought the original edition of the game. He explained how difficult & expensive it was to produce it separately. However, I don't want to buy the game again just to get the expansion.

I am sure he will post on this thread shortly, or I will point him here, so if you have a strong desire to be able to buy just the expansion, please post your feelings here, so he can gauge the demand & act accordingly.

Please remain constructive & polite. Maybe we can encourage him, show him there is a genuine affection for his game & a cost justification in making the expansion available alone. I, for one, would be happy with the components in a plastic bag, to put in the box with the main game.

I will cross-post this in the original game forum too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunther Schmidl
Austria
Linz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I'd like to be able to play this but -- I assume that the new cards are entirely separate -- would also be fine with a printable version and some proxy as the monk.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K Soper
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
As another owner of the original game since it came out, I'm right behind Julian on this. I hope a way can be found to produce the expansion separately, because I won't be buying the new edition just to get it otherwise.
Of course I will still like and can continue to play the game without it, I feel let down that there is not a way to get only the extra bits.
Please consider.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Peeters
Belgium
Zwijndrecht
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
please reconsider!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arno van der Kwast
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As an owner of the original version I too will have my eye on this...
cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David G. Cox Esq.
Australia
Lighthouse Beach
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Do what you can, with what you've got, where you are.
mbmbmbmbmb
KonradwithaK wrote:
As another owner of the original game since it came out, I'm right behind Julian on this. I hope a way can be found to produce the expansion separately, because I won't be buying the new edition just to get it otherwise.
Of course I will still like and can continue to play the game without it, I feel let down that there is not a way to get only the extra bits.
Please consider.

As an original owner, I would like to have the game supported by the designer in the same way that I have supported him and his game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Georgios P.
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It won't be easy. But it can be done.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm quite fond of the game, and would love to pick up an expansion for it.

But on the other hand, I don't really see the need to re-buy the game, just to own the expansion.

So I, too, hope the publisher will reconsider.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dieter Görgner
Germany
Braunschweig
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Second to all of those who would like to get their hands on the expansion itself!
It doesn't make sense to buy the whole game again, ending up with two pieces of the original. Just like the publisher is looking after his money (mentioning the cost) so are we consumers.
On the other hand I'm an absolute completist, and having the original game only - knowing there is an expansion around - will be totally annoying.
Ending up with an uncomplete game system while I'm a first time supporter (by having bought the first edition of the game) always creates mixed feelings. AND other companies do offer upgrade kits in similar cases. It happened just now before this year's fair: I bought Dice Brewing from Board & Dice (a kinda SMALL publisher) almost a year ago. Now they have a second edition with minor changes in game components and rules and they're selling upgrade kits to owners of the first edition for a small amount of money (I paid less than 4€ on my preorder for Essen). THEY can do itT Thumbs up for that, while hoping this will happen for SATOR-owners too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris M.
Kazakhstan
Astana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd buy one too. Please don't forget the early adopters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One more customer here, but only for a pure expansion as I also already own the base game. I really really hope this will be released.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabian Bohlmann
Germany
Hamburg
Deutschland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Julian,

first of all it is a good idea to try to get the expansion only via this way. We met yesterday at the booth and you showed me (and some friends) fotos of the painted miniaturs for SATOR which you've got as a late birthday present from your son ;o) (they looked awesome).

I can understand Paolo, the game designer, completely to have chosen this way for the expansion to republish it together with the core game (he was nearly forced to do so by the publisher). And I can also understand the publisher to not just release an expansion for a 8 year old game.

But as Paolo told us at Essen so many people complained about this issue that he might try to make them happy (maybe with a Kickstarter campaigne or a buyoption via the BGG Store, etc.).

So, yeah, I want to get my hands on this expansion too. And I don't want to buy the base game again, nevertheless I am a completionist as well. It hurts to not get the expansion and to know that it exists.

Please, Paolo, make it happen that we can get the expansion only.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Moore
United Kingdom
Bolton
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought the original too, and being a completionist, I am also dismayed that the expansion isn't available separately.
Although it's not ideal could a PnP pdf of the expansion not be made available. It's not the same, I know, but better than nothing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Austin
Japan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to have an expansion available separately, even if it were for a nominal charge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Werve
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Same here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Breden
United States
Independence
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am another owner of the base game who will not re-buy the original, just to get an expansion. I would like a PnP or BGG store option -- I would pay for either, just not as much as getting the whole game all over again. Please consider this and give us an option!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goldie Prawn
Canada
flag msg tools
Doesn't everything die at last, and too soon? Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?
mbmbmbmbmb
Just look at the numbers of how many owners of the original are here on BGG. They may not all happen to see this thread but I'd bet most anyone who has the original would want to be able to add the expansion. I'm subscribed to this thread and will be hoping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Das Problem wrote:
But as Paolo told us at Essen so many people complained about this issue that he might try to make them happy (maybe with a Kickstarter campaigne or a buyoption via the BGG Store, etc.).

I'd buy from the BGG store or support a Kickstarter project in an instant. I just played this again last night with some friends and it was a big hit. I even managed to win for the first time, in a very, very tight game where three of us were in it until the final turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Senki
United States
Altadena
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another original owner who'd pay for the expansion!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.Fatah B.Alwee
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Me too, will definitely buy the expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Massimiliano della Rovere
Italy
Pisa
Tuscany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
read the the cross post too:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1409765/malleus-maleficarum...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Boat
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like the expansion is now available from the publishers website and a couple OLGS. Also, it seems they have made available a standalone expansion purchase for the deluxe edtition of Sator, but not the regular edition. I don't understand how it can be too expensive to produce one but not the other...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cristian Lazarescu
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just found out about the, um, expansion. I'm an admirer of the original Sator elegance, simplicity and uniqueness and I'm interested in the new content, but having to buy again the entire game is definitely out of the question. So, even though it's quite late, I also would like to request the expansion as a separate item for the owners of the original game. All the more so since it is available as such for the Deluxe edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.